+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4-5 week ultrasound not showing anything ?

So after telling my doc I was testing pregnant he sent me for an ultrasound when I thought to be 4-5 weeks. Well, the scan didn't show anything..not even a sac. The tech told me I was just too early to see anything. My doc now wants me to go back in a few weeks as he thinks the hcg level was low (769 which is in normal range for 4-5wks). Has anyone had a scan where thy didn't see anything and later it was fine? I just need a little reassurance. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's really early to see anything! That hCG sounds pretty good to me, not sure why your doc is worried. I don't think there's much point having a scan before about 7wks as it won't tell you much before then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Way too early for a scan! And you can't tell much from one HcG test. You would need to compare 2 tests one or two days apart to see how it is increasing. Way to go for the GP to put doubt in your head already.

Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with the ladies above. Waaaay to early!

Did you have an internal scan, or one on your belly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As pp said - the only thing you can do right now is hcg testing at least 3 days apart to see if it is doubling within a good amount of time.

Don't go for an u/s prior to 7 weeks unless you have reason to do so as it will only fuel anxiety, particularly around the 5-6 week mark when a day can make a difference between having a heartbeat and it not showing up yet.

All the best x.

BTW your levels seemed fine for that stage as they can vary greatly and it really does depend on getting that second lot of bloods done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reality check guys. I think i was just letting it get to my head. This is my 6th pregnancy so u would think I'd know how it works by now. .lol. and to answer Olive Oil question - yes the tech did an internal scan but I do have a tilted uterus and honestly I don't think she got a good scan even though she knew. I remember in other pregnancies at this stage them having to push down etc and feeling pressure in order to get my entire uterus. .anyhow..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My doctor told be nothing will show on a scan till my hcg is over 1000. I had the same thing, she kept sending me for scans, and there was slight signs of pregnancy, like a corpus luteum cyst, thickened lining, but no sac.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just*Ace - what happened in the end?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im pretty sure at 4w2d my hcg was something like 245...so your results are fine! Im sure it was just too early to see

Thanks
    Reviews
    very normal,
    i had a scan at 3 weeks, 5 weeks and 6 weeks 2 days with my first pregnancy as I got a very early test but my last period had been random.

ultrasound tech said I see nothing, I see *maybe* something come back in 10 days and then at 6 + 3 there was my baby