+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Daycare and birthdays - what does yours do?

Does your daycare do anything for bdays at all?

DS turns 4 today and his didn't do much I am a bit disappointed but maybe that's normal?

I baked a cake to take in, but then I was too scared to take it due to allergies, even though I avoided eggs and nuts, the cocoa box said 'may contain traces of sesame' etc so I just didn't want to risk it, plus it was a new recipe and when it was out of the oven, I realised how small it was and that it wouldn't be enough for 36 kids!!

So anyway I decided to take in some balloons, I blew them up this morning and put strings on them etc, I didn't have 36 but I thought even if I take the few I had, the kids could play with them and some kids don't like balloons so not all of them would want one.

Anyway, the carer took them and put them on top of the cabinet, when I went to pick DS up, they were still in the exact same spot

I just felt like not much effort was made and even when I tried to make an effort it was kinda ignored

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That does seem like a shame but I'm sure you are more disappointed than your DS. You mean more to him than his daycare friends so you putting the effort would make his day shine brightly.

DS turned 1 last week and they were going to bake cupcakes (we aren't allowed to bring in any foods due to allergies) take photos and print them out. They ended up calling me to get him after a few hours because he had a high grade fever. Sooo we spent his day at the doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to be allowed to take cake into daycare but now we aren't due to allergies so now daycare bake a cake for the kids birthday and have a special morning tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I take in cupcakes. Depending on the allergies in the room I will do egg free etc. This year I'm also doing fruit kebabs for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We can take in a cake but it must be shop bought and we have to show the receipt. I think no matter if you bring a cake in or not, theythey aways sing happy birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can bring a cake in to ours, but must ask about allergies etc first. OR you can order a cake to be made and had for morning tea by the cook on staff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The nursery cook bakes a cake and decorates it with the child's fav character - DS had Lightning McQueen. At afternoon tea time they sing, have the cake and then do party food (little pizzas, sausage rolls etc), they gave DS a wooden fire engine that is on a platform with wheels and doubles as a puzzle (hard to explain!) and made him a card. It is really sweet! Some parents also make party bags to hand out at the end of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At our centre we allow parents to bring in a cake they bought to share with their friends. We put candles in it and sing happy birthday etc but that is it. We don't bake or supply a cake as that is the parents responsibility.
    At the same time if parents don't supply anything we may sing happy birthday but not always.
    In regards to balloons- your heart was in the right place but balloons cause a lot of trouble for educators. One pops and the child became upset and fights occur. Although they could have given them to the child as they leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure what they do as they have only been there a few months so kids haven't had there bday there yet! But I've seen other kids have there name on white board and says its xyz birthday we will be celebrating with cupcakes and a celebration! We provide our own food at the centre (has to be nut free but nothing else).

I would of been disappointed). Also I think he would of been too at that age they know it's there bday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine makes a home made cake for every birthday, with candles, song, pictures, the whole lot!