+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    We had some silly person beep us because we pulled into our driveway. We indicated early & everything (and it works). Obviously they were rather impatient!

I think I had some guy give me the finger for going the speed limit once. Wth

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A bus nearly ran us off the road because he didn't check his blind spot before changing lanes and came straight for us. Then swore at us. WTF?! What did we do wrong exactly? Then because we had to slow down due to this another car came speeding up behind and started abusing us. Driving is so much worse on the Gold Coast than when we lived in Canberra.
    The amount of times some moron gets right up my **** when I'm on the motorway, like dangerously close, is unreal

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Whenever a hoon overtakes and speeds past me I always say "see you at the lights". And I always do

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The worst for me probably would have been when i was driving home from Sydney once on my own with 16 week old ds. I was on a main road in campbelltown that merged into one lane after the lights. I was in front of this car and just flowing with the traffic when this guy came screaming up beside me on the shoulder and then almost ran me off the road when he cut in front of me. I beeped at him when he cut in front of me to say "hey I'm here". Get to the next set of lights and I'm behind him, he got out of his car and came up to my window belting it with a wheel lock. Thankfully the lights went green so I quickly went into the lane beside me and zipped off. Scarily I saw the same guy in goulbourn 2 hours later when I pulled in to give ds a feed, I made sure i went into the cafe ti feed ds when I saw that.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I travel about 30km down a busy Sydney motorway to and from work each day. The worst offenders are when I'm in the right lane, trying to overtake and they fly up behind me, flashing their lights, honking their horn and throwing their hands around. I can only go as fast as the car in front of me, so usually just give my brake a couple of short, quick taps, not enough to slow the car down but to flash the light like I'm saying "BACK OFF". I used to give these people the finger but with the ice epidemic, I'm too scared so just try to get out of their way as quickly and as safely as I can.
    Rather than tapping the brakes - if you switch your fog lights on and off it also looks like your brake lights are coming on - means you don't have to worry about pressing the brakes too much but still gets the desired effect ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Yep, i had a 4WD follow me, overtake me on the wrong side of the road and stop dead in front of me, then when i went around continued to follow me right up my bum for about 20 mins. I lived at the bottom of a cut off street, very steep hill and hard to turn around (no cul-de-sac). I rang my neighbiur across the rd and he said to drive down and drive up his driveway. I did, and my neighbour walked out with an axe in his hand. Watching the guy in his giant ute awkwardly doing a 9 point turn trying to get away was priceless!
    Just in case anybody else is ever in a situation like this, drive straight to a police station if you can. It's the safest option and leaves you nowhere near your house.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    A bus nearly ran us off the road because he didn't check his blind spot before changing lanes and came straight for us. Then swore at us. WTF?! What did we do wrong exactly? Then because we had to slow down due to this another car came speeding up behind and started abusing us. Driving is so much worse on the Gold Coast than when we lived in Canberra.
    The amount of times some moron gets right up my **** when I'm on the motorway, like dangerously close, is unreal
    Totally. I often drive between Brisbane and the Gold Coast and the amount of idiots on that road is astounding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Just in case anybody else is ever in a situation like this, drive straight to a police station if you can. It's the safest option and leaves you nowhere near your house.
    Yeah, i thought about this...but a crazy neighbour with an axe and trapping him in the street was a much more hilarious option. I think it definitely would have taught him a lesson!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Yeah, i thought about this...but a crazy neighbour with an axe and trapping him in the street was a much more hilarious option. I think it definitely would have taught him a lesson!
    Don't worry I would of done what you did. We travel with a torch in the car

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Road rage

Every time I see this thread, for the next hour or so I'm like...

http://youtu.be/U_bL0EqlDEk