+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I travel about 30km down a busy Sydney motorway to and from work each day. The worst offenders are when I'm in the right lane, trying to overtake and they fly up behind me, flashing their lights, honking their horn and throwing their hands around. I can only go as fast as the car in front of me, so usually just give my brake a couple of short, quick taps, not enough to slow the car down but to flash the light like I'm saying "BACK OFF". I used to give these people the finger but with the ice epidemic, I'm too scared so just try to get out of their way as quickly and as safely as I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't know if this counts as road rage but once I was driving along and I see police cars up ahead blocking the road, and cars backed up. So I pull up and wait, no idea what's going on. I had my ds in the car. I start to hear screaming and yelling, then see a completely naked man walking down the road in between cars, ranting and raving. He goes up to a car and starts banging on the window yelling, then I see him look at my car and start to head towards it. I sh!t bricks and lock my doors, just before he got too close the police pepper sprayed him and got him down on the ground. I was a bit shaken up that day! But managed to have a laugh about it still lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a young guy road rage at me for 20 mins once because he went to change into the left hand lane (without indicating mind you), and I was already in the lane, beside him and not in his blind spot or anything, I had been there for a while. So as he swerves over without warning and almost runs me off the road I beeped my horn to alert him that I was there. He had to stop and merge in behind me as it was a turning lane. He tailgated, flashing his lights, beeping, getting up beside me when we were back on a two lane rd and screaming abuse for a good 20 mins. I just totally ignored him. Didn't want to risk making him any more agro by responding. I was totally p!ssed though, he was clearly in the wrong!

Best thing was that he was driving a company car, so I noted his licence plate and description, and then called the company to make a complaint. They said he'd be severely reprimanded

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (28-05-2015),LaDiDah  (29-05-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sairz View Post
    I don't know if this counts as road rage but once I was driving along and I see police cars up ahead blocking the road, and cars backed up. So I pull up and wait, no idea what's going on. I had my ds in the car. I start to hear screaming and yelling, then see a completely naked man walking down the road in between cars, ranting and raving. He goes up to a car and starts banging on the window yelling, then I see him look at my car and start to head towards it. I sh!t bricks and lock my doors, just before he got too close the police pepper sprayed him and got him down on the ground. I was a bit shaken up that day! But managed to have a laugh about it still lol
    I actually remember you sharing that incident on here a couple of years ago! I've never forgotten it because at the time you lived in the same suburb as me, lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Sairz  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    I had a young guy road rage at me for 20 mins once because he went to change into the left hand lane (without indicating mind you), and I was already in the lane, beside him and not in his blind spot or anything, I had been there for a while. So as he swerves over without warning and almost runs me off the road I beeped my horn to alert him that I was there. He had to stop and merge in behind me as it was a turning lane. He tailgated, flashing his lights, beeping, getting up beside me when we were back on a two lane rd and screaming abuse for a good 20 mins. I just totally ignored him. Didn't want to risk making him any more agro by responding. I was totally p!ssed though, he was clearly in the wrong!

Best thing was that he was driving a company car, so I noted his licence plate and description, and then called the company to make a complaint. They said he'd be severely reprimanded
    I find it particularly abhorrent that men are doing this to women. Disgusting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-05-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I was driving on a causeway once, 2 lanes each way, 80km.

The car in front of me was doing about 70kmph so I moved into the right lane to overtake. As I pull up level, the car in the left lane speeds up to 80. This causeway is notorious for speed cameras, so there is no way I am speeding just to pass this guy.

A car comes up behind me and starts tailgating- obviously not happy that I'm in the right lane only doing 80, but as the other car is right beside me there is nothing I can do. I can't slow down to tuck in behind because of the tailgater and I refuse to speed- I need a licence.

Anyway they tailgate me the rest of the way- a few more kms until we're in the 60 zone when the first car moves into a turning lane. The tailgater zooms into the left lane, pulls up beside me and a toothless woman in her 40s or so with burgundy died hair starts hurling abuse at me- and then spits on my car window. *shudders*. I was furious. So, I did the only acceptable thing- at the traffic lights, once she ha spat, I smiled, waved and the gunned it the hell out of there and prayed to god that she didn't decide to follow me home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I was driving on a causeway once, 2 lanes each way, 80km.

The car in front of me was doing about 70kmph so I moved into the right lane to overtake. As I pull up level, the car in the left lane speeds up to 80. This causeway is notorious for speed cameras, so there is no way I am speeding just to pass this guy.

A car comes up behind me and starts tailgating- obviously not happy that I'm in the right lane only doing 80, but as the other car is right beside me there is nothing I can do. I can't slow down to tuck in behind because of the tailgater and I refuse to speed- I need a licence.

Anyway they tailgate me the rest of the way- a few more kms until we're in the 60 zone when the first car moves into a turning lane. The tailgater zooms into the left lane, pulls up beside me and a toothless woman in her 40s or so with burgundy died hair starts hurling abuse at me- and then spits on my car window. *shudders*. I was furious. So, I did the only acceptable thing- at the traffic lights, once she ha spat, I smiled, waved and the gunned it the hell out of there and prayed to god that she didn't decide to follow me home!
    I am shaking my head reading that. Wow. Sounds like she walked straight off the Housos set

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, I was at a stop sign and went, I somehow managed to miss a bike, it was a tricky corner and I triple checked before I went,
    Bike followed me and I completely acknowledged that I was in the wrong and couldnt stop apologizing, this rough bikey dude went off calling me all kinds of names and being very intimidating in front of my two kids.

even now 6 months later if I make an error when driving I feel extremely anxious and will drive around if I think the car is following me

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015),~Marigold~  (29-05-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I am shaking my head reading that. Wow. Sounds like she walked straight off the Housos set
    Pretty much! There are a few rough areas in that town!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015),LaDiDah  (29-05-2015),~Marigold~  (29-05-2015)