+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Dh picked me up on the side of the road one day. He indicated, checked and pulled out. There was nothing behind him when he did pull out but suddenly we had a small truck up out ar$e. He had sped round a corner about 20m up the road. At the next set of lights he pulled up beside us and started going off. He ended up pulling out a piece of metal pipe, threatening to smash us. Ds was sitting in the back of the car too. Scary sh!t.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Isn't it funny how being in the protective surrounds of a car suddenly makes people think they can taunt, stalk and abuse people?!
    Can you imagine if you were walking down the street and accidently cut across someone's path and they proceeded to walk right behind you, following closely while calling out obscenities?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015),hopeful1986  (28-05-2015),monkeymama  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DH was followed home on foot a couple of days after a guy got all ragey at him on the road.

He beat the crud out of my DH, stomped on him etc.

The initial incident was the dude tailgating DH to try and make him speed up (quiet suburban street) then the dude overtook DH when he was turning left into a corner. DH stopped out the front of the apartment complex we lived in at the time and the dude stopped his car too and wanted to fight DH. DH told him to get back in his car and eff off, which he did, but obviously he targeted him days later because he still wanted to fight.

The guy actually had a respectable career, but we suspect he may have been an ice user or something due to his ridiculously unhinged behaviour.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    My DH was followed home on foot a couple of days after a guy got all ragey at him on the road.

He beat the crud out of my DH, stomped on him etc.

The initial incident was the dude tailgating DH to try and make him speed up (quiet suburban street) then the dude overtook DH when he was turning left into a corner. DH stopped out the front of the apartment complex we lived in at the time and the dude stopped his car too and wanted to fight DH. DH told him to get back in his car and eff off, which he did, but obviously he targeted him days later because he still wanted to fight.

The guy actually had a respectable career, but we suspect he may have been an ice user or something due to his ridiculously unhinged behaviour.
    Oh my god, that's outrageous. Your poor DH! Just shocking.
    My DH had a guy years ago jump out of his car and actually hit DH with a steering wheel lock. He had welts across his ribs in the shape of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't had any scary road rage incidents.

Once when I was on my P's I was driving along a main road and had to switch lanes, which I did with a head check. Didn't see anyone in the next lane and neither did my friend at the time. Out of no where this crazy turd honks her horn, swerves dangerously into the lane next to me and then swerves dangerously back in to overtake me, no indicator. Anyway, I was heading to the shopping centre and the idiot thought I was following her. She drove into the shopping centre I was going into and proceeded to do a u-turn at the roundabout to "lose me". I found that quite amusing.

Nothing really scary beyond tailgaters and people just being @ssh@ats over the fact I go the speed limit?!?!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Stories like these don't make me want to get my license!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Trio  (28-05-2015),~Marigold~  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    Stories like these don't make me want to get my license!
    Ive had one major incident in almost 10 years of driving daily. Dont let other idiots affect your confidence

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015),FrothyFrog  (28-05-2015),~Marigold~  (28-05-2015)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing super crazy. Years ago, I was on my way home from work. I turned off onto a single lane 80km road and this guy came up behind me in his beat up old hatch back. He started tail gating me, yelling at me and trying to get next to me. He would get super close then back off and just continued it for ages.

Got to broken lines and he pulled up next to me and was screaming and swerving at me then signalled he was going to shoot me.

I was in a v8 at the time and it was that moment I just stomped on the accelerator and took off until I got a good distance ahead and then nicked off up back roads so I'd lose him and headed home.

Was really weird and freaked me out. Never saw him again.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015),~Marigold~  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Oh my god, that's outrageous. Your poor DH! Just shocking.
    My DH had a guy years ago jump out of his car and actually hit DH with a steering wheel lock. He had welts across his ribs in the shape of it!
    OMG There are some truly scary individuals out there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What would I have done? Ignore, ignore, ignore. Can be hard, but if you get caught up in it you're just as bad as them. I like the smile and a wave idea

I'm lucky enough to have not seen anything as bad as some of you - worst I've seen was once when I was on a bus, bus was in one of 2 lanes supposed to zip merge with concrete barrier on either side. Car driver in the other lane decides to speed up and try desperately to get in front of the bus. Had to slam on his brakes when the bus kept going. When we get out into the main traffic, he's hanging out his window screaming abuse at the bus driver as we drive down the road for the next couple of minutes. It was ridiculous!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (28-05-2015)