+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Road rage

Have you ever been caught up in an incident?

I was driving my DS to school this morning, driving down a two laned main road with a 70 speed limit. It was during the morning peak, so busy but no traffic jams. I was sitting behind a four wheel drive doing 55 in the right lane. There was nothing I could do so I just kept chugging along, hoping they'd pick up speed. I had a woman (and I use the term loosely) in a car right on my tail, sitting right up my as$ and I'm thinking, back off, surely you can see it's the car in front of me holding everyone up. I'm just as stuck here as you are!
    Anyway, she switches to left lane (which is even slower) in a bid to cut me off- don't know how she thinks she'll manage this as I'm stuck behind that four wheel drive with nowhere to go myself.. and she proceeds to get swallowed up in that lane and I easily move past her. I'm not thinking anything, just glad she's off my tail and am actually understanding the frustration as that damn 4wd ahead is testing me, too.
    Suddenly she manages to speed up beside me and stick her toothless head in her window where she proceeds to call me a wh0re. Yeah lady. But you can't change ugly, lol.
    DS was in the front passenger seat and is shocked, also got DD in the back so I choose to ignore it and continue my journey.. Seething, shocked and angry, but what do you do?

Anyway, needed to get that off my chest. Crazy, ragey, feral lady.

Serenity now!!!!!

Share your story if you've encountered a d.ickhe@d on the road...
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 28-05-2015 at 09:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    More then once. They normally just get a sarcastic smile and wave.

My mum was stuck in a maccas drive thru last friday. Backed up line and slow service. She was getting abused and honked at by the dude behind because she wasnt moving. Both of us were like um wtf would you like us to do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, the smile is the best form of retaliation. I've blown kisses, too

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015),babycake  (28-05-2015),LaDiDah  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCat View Post
    More then once. They normally just get a sarcastic smile and wave.

My mum was stuck in a maccas drive thru last friday. Backed up line and slow service. She was getting abused and honked at by the dude behind because she wasnt moving. Both of us were like um wtf would you like us to do.
    My DH used to work at a fast food place and was on drive through, the stories he had were just insane. So many freaks out there. The honking and abuse was normal. The girls flashing themselves as they drove off... Well, not so much ragey as crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, i had a 4WD follow me, overtake me on the wrong side of the road and stop dead in front of me, then when i went around continued to follow me right up my bum for about 20 mins. I lived at the bottom of a cut off street, very steep hill and hard to turn around (no cul-de-sac). I rang my neighbiur across the rd and he said to drive down and drive up his driveway. I did, and my neighbour walked out with an axe in his hand. Watching the guy in his giant ute awkwardly doing a 9 point turn trying to get away was priceless!

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-05-2015),AngelicHobgoblin  (28-05-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (28-05-2015),JR03  (28-05-2015),LaDiDah  (29-05-2015),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (28-05-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (30-05-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (28-05-2015),Phony  (30-05-2015),RaraMum  (28-05-2015),Soon2be4  (28-05-2015),Sunnybambino  (28-05-2015),yadot  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Yep, i had a 4WD follow me, overtake me on the wrong side of the road and stop dead in front of me, then when i went around continued to follow me right up my bum for about 20 mins. I lived at the bottom of a cut off street, very steep hill and hard to turn around (no cul-de-sac). I rang my neighbiur across the rd and he said to drive down and drive up his driveway. I did, and my neighbour walked out with an axe in his hand. Watching the guy in his giant ute awkwardly doing a 9 point turn trying to get away was priceless!
    That's awful!
    When DH and I were in our late teens, we had a car tailgate and follow us. Had DS as a newborn in the back so I made DH drive to the police station. They actually followed us there, idiots

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's awful when it happens in front of children. I generally just laugh road rage off. It's stupid and accomplishes nothing. Just as long as my passengers and I are safe, that's all I care about.

I probably would have given her a blank stare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    It's awful when it happens in front of children. I generally just laugh road rage off. It's stupid and accomplishes nothing. Just as long as my passengers and I are safe, that's all I care about.

I probably would have given her a blank stare.
    A blank stare is what she got. I was literally stunned and by the time I realised what she doing/saying to me, she'd turned into a servo.
    She had a little boy in the backseat as well. Poor kid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed, poor boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sitting at a red light about 5 min from home & didn't see it go green until the van behind me honked. So off I took with a wave to say sorry, when this van started revving & tailgating me. I turned off 1 street before my house cos I got a bad feeling (lived alone back then) & this guy followed me!
    I ended up having to speed around the back streets trying to lose him, took about 6 turns until he either gave up or lost me. I was too terrified to go home so I ended up driving around for half an hour until I calmed down.
    People be crazy!