+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm going with girlfriends in August and because I booked for everyone in feeling the pressure of making sure it is perfect.
    I don't think you can go too wrong - they all look wonderful. It's just so hard to pick one! I have the flights paid for so now I just sit every night trying to find a resort!
    Thanks for all the suggestions here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beancounter View Post
    I don't think you can go too wrong - they all look wonderful. It's just so hard to pick one! I have the flights paid for so now I just sit every night trying to find a resort!
    Thanks for all the suggestions here.
    That's what I did for weeks!! Booked the flights because they were such good prices and then procrastinated over the hotel.
    I know we will have a great time but I over think things too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just keep going on trip advisor, that's what helped me. Don't worry about getting anywhere close to the beach, it's not that good anyway. If you think you'll go into Patong lots, stay there. Tuk-Tuks aren't that cheap and they all have set prices, you can't barter. It's 300baht each way (around $12) from karon beach to Patong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been to phuket 4 times (and Thailand 7 times) and I personally prefer Kata to Karon. Avoid patong at all costs, in my opinion. Fun for an afternoon/evening, but that's about it.
    Marina Phuket is between Karon and kata and is lovely. For a really amazing experience you can't go past The Boathouse on kata beach. Fabulous place! For a cheaper option on kata beach check out Kata Beach Resort.