+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @SoReady how are you recovering and how is Bub today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yesterday was pretty rough in the morning minib but I was better in the afternoon and got to spend some time in the NICU. I still can't hold him yet because of the tubes he has in but was able to have about an hour with him without the lid on his crib. He's so bruised from the delivery but is looking better every time I see him.

How are you feeling? How many days left til your due date?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you guys in the hospital you are booked in or a different one until he's about 34 weeks? Good to hear you had an hour with him without the lid. How's your other son coping? Are you still in the hospital?

Your Bub sounds like a fighter even though early he seems to be coping really well.

Yeah I'm really counting down the days now. Almost 39 weeks and nothing yet. 10 days to my due date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we were rushed by ambulance from St Vincent's to the mercy for delivery as we needed the NICU. He's doing really well here though and they are hopeful next weekend when he reaches 32 weeks he can transfer back to St Vincent's nursery for the remainder of his stay. He will stay until at least 37 weeks though minimum.

Wow, 10 days! I can't wait to hear your news minib. I hope it's a nice smooth labour and delivery for you. Which hospital are you again? Cabrini?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully he can transfer back to st Vincent soon but if not mercy is a great hospital

I have some news myself.

My baby was born this morning. She's healthy. I'm so in love!!! Was exhausted after birth but now I'm on a high hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news minib! Yes it one interesting experience isn't it?! I'm so glad she is here happy and healthy. It's such an amazing feeling. I hope you enjoy the next few days settling in with her x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just dropping by to congratulate you both So ready and MiniB!!! Every heartbreaking trial, long days that turned into months and even years of painstakingly waiting and cycling, has now paid off. I know you're not quite out of the woods with your LO being prem So Ready but he sounds perfect x

Enjoy every second of your beautiful bundles of joy xoxo

Congratulations again x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @stilhopeful I still pinch myself. Can't believe as I'm typing this I have my baby in my arms

So as a first time parents, DH and i are so unsure of what to do. Our daughter got upset a lot last night. Wasn't sure if hungry, too much wind or just not happy. I can feel myself getting stressed seeing her upset. Thank god we are still in the hospital. The midwife came in to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh enjoy those cuddles minib! And make the most of your hospital stay. Use the midwives and learn as much as you can. I'm sure you're doing a great job!

Good news here, last night I got my first cuddles and this morning he has graduated from the highest level of care. He's now one level down, no longer being hydrated through an IV as he has increased his feeds enough. He is looking so much better but is still required the cpap mask for breathing assistance. Once he can go without that he will be eligible for transfer back St V's. I am being discharged today. I'm happy to get home and spend time with my son but still can't believe it will be at least mid January before this bub can come home with us. It sounds so far away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MiniB it is so hard isn't it, a mother's love is just instant and you never want to see them upset. But I'm sure you're both doing amazing. Learn as much as you can from the middies and try not to stress. You and bub are both learning xxx

That's amazing that your little man is doing well SoReady, but so tough to think he won't come home for a while. But the time will pass and it won't be long until you have him in your arms at home and some sort of 'normal' sets in x
    So glad you got a cuddle x
    It will soon turn into feeds and then before you know it you won't have to put him back xx