+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Minib that is a long time between scans but I guess there's no real need. My OB does one every time I see her to take measurements. I see her monthly until 34 weeks then fortnightly/weekly. Will be interesting this time though as I'll be interstate 30-34 weeks and then my OB is taking 2 weeks off in Jan. I'm sure she will have someone covering for urgent appointments though.
    I didn't get movement until after 23 weeks last time because I had an anterior placenta. I also never got those super kicks where you could see limbs moving about either. They do say you often feel it earlier in second pregnancies and so far my placenta is posterior so fingers crossed it stays that way and I get those big movements this time.
    I was huge last time. I certainly popped earlier this time but a comparison shot with the same place last time and the photos look pretty close in size

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Isn't it @SoReady I can't believe I didn't get to see bub in between proper scan. Wish my ob does a scan in his room for every appointment. I guess you are right. There is no real need for it. My ob is really good he knows what he's doing so I can't complain.

Do you know who your ob is affiliated with? My ob isn't away at all during my appointment but I know the group of ob he is part of. I'm happy with them.

I have posterior placenta and started feeling something around 17 weeks but only get bigger more obvious movement around 20 week-ish.

Can the placenta position move during pregnancy? I didn't know that. At 20 week scan mine was still posterior.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes minib, my OB is in a group of 5 that work on delivery rotation together. I've met one of the others before. My OB was on training for a couple of weeks early this pregnancy but she had a locum covering for her to keep up with her "must-see" appointments, anything not regent just waits til she returns. I'm guessing it will be the same in January.

I think the placenta can move still in the early days, not sure when that is until. I'm definitely starting to get some flutters in the evening when I first go to bed but nothing substantial yet. A lot of round ligament pains when I move in the night though which I never got last time around. Last time I had an anterior placenta and any pain I had was in my back. This time so far I haven't had any back pain but more cramps etc in the front. It's strange how it's so different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    @mags83 how come you are doing glucose test at 21 weeks? How exciting to be over the half way mark. It feels so real now once you are in second half with lots of movement too. Your DH is so patient to not find out the gender. I couldn't do that haha. Lucky my DH wanted to find out too otherwise I wouldn't know what to do.
    @stephhamer how are you going with the jab? When is the first scan? Are you feeling ok with the injections?
    @SoReady do you feel more movement early given it's your second bub? I feel lots of movement but haven't seen kick that poke out on my tummy yet. Although DH has felt quite a few when he put his hand on my tummy. I love the movement as it's reassuring. My next scan isn't until 34 weeks so that's 10 weeks away. Feel like ages. No scan when I see ob. He doesn't do it but I might ask him for a quick one at 28 weeks. Let's see if he will do it. So good that you have a name already. You are very organised.

I'm doing well guys. 24 weeks now. No issue except sometimes I get sore back bad yucky taste in my mouth. Other than that, I feel really good. Getting bigger by day lol. I can't imagine how my tummy will stretch even further.

Oh I am quite nervous about the GD test. Eeks!
    Thanks Minib, injections are fine 😄
    Have scan and bloods on Weds, so fingers crossed all is going as it should!! Lovely to read your update!! Glad to hear bump is getting bigger and your feeling lovely kicks!! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did your scan go stephhamer? I hope everything is on track for you

I had my OB check up yesterday and all is looking good. Bub is measuring almost spot on for his dates. Unfortunately there has been an outbreak of slapped cheek in DS childcare room but luckily my OB has confirmed in already immune.
    Next check up at 20 weeks then we will do the morphology scan at 22 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    How did your scan go stephhamer? I hope everything is on track for you

I had my OB check up yesterday and all is looking good. Bub is measuring almost spot on for his dates. Unfortunately there has been an outbreak of slapped cheek in DS childcare room but luckily my OB has confirmed in already immune.
    Next check up at 20 weeks then we will do the morphology scan at 22 weeks.
    Thanks for asking SoReady 😄
    It was ok, I don't have great amount of follicles but pick up is Fri morn so trigger shot tonite!!
    Great to hear all was good with your appt!! How lovely xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck stephhamer! How many follies did you have? I wouldn't worry too much, I had 23 follies but only 3 eggs. We have ended up with 2 babies from the 3 so it really is quality not quantity! Keep us updated on Friday after pick up! Are you doing IVF or ICSI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck stephhamer! How many follies did you have? I wouldn't worry too much, I had 23 follies but only 3 eggs. We have ended up with 2 babies from the 3 so it really is quality not quantity! Keep us updated on Friday after pick up! Are you doing IVF or ICSI?
    Oh wow that's brilliant that you got 2 babies from only 3 eggs!! I think I only had about 3 or 4 follicles, so fingers crossed!! We are doing icsi again!! Will update you all tomoro!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did your EPU go stephhamer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did your EPU go stephhamer?
    We got 7 eggs hun, 4 fertilised and on day 3 they called to say 2 were growing as they should be. Transfer is this afternoon as long as all is ok so fingers crossed 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    Thanks for asking xxx