+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    She is studying a bachelor of social work. She says she wants 3 screens so she can work on an essay on one, read journal articles on another and have the task sheet open on the third.

She says that she would like 3 screens for gaming so she can have the game open, ****** live on the second and have the third for manuals, guides and walk throughs.
    I have 2 screens at work and now I think about it I could use 3. If I was forced to go back to one I couldn't cope!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't have a problem with it. If you can afford the bills and live comfortably then why not. As long as there's no issue when you want something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I have 2 screens at work and now I think about it I could use 3. If I was forced to go back to one I couldn't cope!
    Yeah. She explained how three screens worked to me and it would be great not having to minimize things constantly!

Maybe you could ask your boss for a third?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't need the money for anything else that is essential (paying off debt, home reno, etc), then I think a computer is a reasonable thing to spend the money on. So long as it doesn't take all of your savings - best to have a safety net!

I would LOVE to have 3 screens - I can't function on only 1! I have 2 at work and iften end up having to print things out so that I can work effectively with only 2 screens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    If you don't need the money for anything else that is essential (paying off debt, home reno, etc), then I think a computer is a reasonable thing to spend the money on. So long as it doesn't take all of your savings - best to have a safety net!

I would LOVE to have 3 screens - I can't function on only 1! I have 2 at work and iften end up having to print things out so that I can work effectively with only 2 screens.
    DP says that most pc's can easily handle dual screens but if you want three you sometimes have to get a better graphics card - especially if you'll be using it for the latest games.

3 definitely seems the way to go...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Just a thought - if either of you are tech savvy - get the computer, but build it yourself. DS saved a few hundred on a gaming computer by purchasing the components he wanted from Umart and building it himself.
    Wow DS sounds very smart. Do you just order the parts and put it all together? Sounds confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow I didn't realise how many people had dual screens 😳😂

My husband does and it does my head in. I can't concentrate. I get lost.

Yes I'm blonde 😝

But yes you should get it for her 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Wow DS sounds very smart. Do you just order the parts and put it all together? Sounds confusing.
    My husband does this too. I'm not sure where you are but he built his computer for $1200 and saved thousbNds it's a gaming computer. And then it clicks into TV as a big hard drive (again I have no idea) lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Best Things  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby runs his game machine with 3 screens and my work station/game machine is 2 we just picked ours up cheap for the screens and payed out for the build on the tower

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JET09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I am building my own tower. I am buying cpu and graphics card last. I need another 500 to complete the build. I am excited

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post: