+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    From your scans it looks like 2.3 is the width and 3.18 the length. That's my interpretation

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would make sense for it to be that way! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just looked at the scan photos again, and there are quite a few photos in between. The photo that says 3.18cm was taken abdominally and the 2.3cm vaginally. I think. I had both types of scans that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pls stop worrying. It will be measured and detailed at your morph scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish it were that simple. It's hard to tell and anxious person to stop worrying. The morph scan is forever away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you have any other risk factors for cervical incompetence, like a previous biopsy or LLETZ? If not, then the chance of it happening spontaneously is pretty low so you probably don't need to worry.
    If your cervix length was checked at the NT scan but they haven't requested any further scans or treatment, then it wouldn't have been flagged as high risk so again - no need to worry.

But since I totally get the anxiety, I'd make an appointment with your GP (or OB if you're private? I don't know how private patients work!) and get them to look at your scans and NT report with you. They should (hopefully) be able to clear up what measurements were taken, and if you do have any risk factors and want to put your mind at ease, can give you a reference to get it checked out at a private US clinic before the morph scan.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deku is right. If you had a history of procedures on your cx or bleeding thru pregnancies they would monitor it closely. You are probably low risk and that's why no one is worried.

Whilst I understand your anxiety I was trying to reassure you by saying not to worry. I'm on my third pregnancy and I've never heard about my cx length. Please presume all is well till told otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much to both of you for your replies :-)
    I went to my GP this morning and I asked for a referral. I'm having my baby through the public system (didn't add pregancy to health insurance), but I have an appt on Tuesday to see a private obstetrician. They said that they will be able to scan me and go over the results then and there. Will only cost about $80 after Medicare so I don't mind.
    My GP went over my results and basically said the same as both of you.
    Thank you again. Xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sammymac For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sammymac View Post
    I went to my GP this morning and I asked for a referral. I'm having my baby through the public system (didn't add pregancy to health insurance), but I have an appt on Tuesday to see a private obstetrician. They said that they will be able to scan me and go over the results then and there. Will only cost about $80 after Medicare so I don't mind.
    Thank you again. Xx
    Glad it worked out. I had my morph scan today and I asked the sonographer what my cx length was and she was surprised by my question. She said it would change throughout the pregnancy but it didn't look short to her today but to appease me she measured it. 3.7cm in length. 3cm in diameter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sammymac View Post
    Thank you again. Xx
    Sounds good, I hope it all goes well