+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Paula's Choice - Anyone else tried it?

Hi All,

I wanted to make a post and ask if there are any other lovely ladies who have tried Paula's Choice products. At this stage it's only available on the internet and I bought my first batch of samples last week. I have to say I am in love (for the most part). I ended up buying a few bottles of different products and cannot wait to get it in the mail so I can start my new skincare routine (my old one has stopped working and I had a pretty terrible cystic breakout recently that PC has managed to help with - even with only the samples).

I've never really "recommended" a brand before, but this is one that, so far, I am really impressed with (except for a reaction I had to one of the moisturizers).

So any other PC lovers out there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Let me know how they go! I haven't used Paula's choice but was looking into the range recently but it's hard to come across reviews especially here in Australia!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a bottle of their facial oil recently in a sample box, I'm liking it, I use it under my usual moisturiser and it's pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I love Paula's Choice! I've been using it for over 10 years and I doubt I'll ever change to another brand, after trying so many brands to deal with my teenage acne Paulas's Choice was the only one that worked and I've stuck with it and I couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Let me know how they go! I haven't used Paula's choice but was looking into the range recently but it's hard to come across reviews especially here in Australia!
    I received my full box of products a few days ago and I have to say I'm in love! I do have some criticisms, though.

I've got combination/dry skin and ended up buying:

Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing cleanser: I really like this. It's a pretty basic cleanser with no fancy ingredients it doesn't need (because you wash it off anyway) and it cleans excess oil and dirt without stripping my skin. It doesn't feel dry after I use it and my skin feels like the right amount of clean. I have no idea how well it washes off make up though as I hardly ever wear any. Basically it does a great job. And you can buy the large bottle that can last close to a year, so while it does seem a little pricey it lasts a long time, which makes it worth buying.

2% BHA Liquid: I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It is AMAZING. The first night I tried it, I woke up the next morning and my skin just looked better. My skin tone was more even (and as a pale person that is no easy feat), I didn't and have not gotten any pimples since I started using it (it's been a week now and I was breaking out almost every day at that point) and some of my pores look smaller. It's also slightly faded the pigmentations from the break out I had - some on my cheeks, others along my jawline. And my skin feels much smoother.

It hasn't done too much to the closed comedones on my forehead, but we'll see how that goes. I have been using it every night, but might cut down to every other day. It may be a bit too drying, but that could be caused by another product. I'll need to tweak my routine to figure that out.

Resist Super Antioxidant Serum: I mix this with the moisturizer. It's got a very silicone-y texture, but I like that. It absorbs really well and gives my skin a bit of extra kick. It also makes it softer. I don't have any other antioxidant serums to compare it to, though. This is the first one I've ever tried.

Resist Hydrator: This irritated my skin. When I put it on my whole face went red and it was not hydrating at all. Was really disappointed, but it is for more oilier skin since it has more of a gel texture. It was incredibly drying for me. Thankfully, I only bought the sample so no money lost there.

Moisture Boost SPF 15: This is okay. It's very thick, but doesn't clog my pores so far, however I'm not finding it very moisturizing. I can't really work out if it's the BHA that's drying my skin or if this isn't a good moisturizer for me. I'll be experimenting to figure it out. I might mix this with my Neutrogena moisturizer to see how it goes. I am a little disappointed because this was formulated for dry skin.

So far, I'm a fan of the cleanser, BHA and antioxidant serums. The moisturizers, not so much. If it doesn't work out on that front, I might give CeraVe a go as I've heard great things, but I'll still stick to mostly Paula's products. They have been amazing for my skin. I've never had anything be so effective for me before and I've tried a number of different brands (cheap ones I'll admit).

They do offer their $15 deal...recommend a friend and if they buy any products you both get $15 off each for your next purchase. The more friends the more you end up saving, so that could help on the price front, although I don't find it THAT expensive for what it does.

And make sure you buy samples first!!! If you spend over $5 you also get 3 free samples, too. I'm so glad they opened internet shop in Australia. It's been a godsend for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (29-05-2015)