+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 18 month age gap

Who has had an 18 or less age gap? And how was it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a ten month age gap.

I'm tired but I find it ok. I just am super organised. I will reply with more later

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 months!!! Hats off to you monnie24!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    19 months between my first 2, 22 months between 2 & 3.

I love the gap, I find it fantastic! My little girl who was born 19 months after my son, has grown up believing she's the same as him, and very very quickly caught up to him in every way! She's so very far ahead, because as far as she's concerned, she's the same as her big brother. My 3rd on the other hand is at the other end of the scale, because he was babied by the big 2, he has come along very slowly. Not that that's an issue at all, he can do everything when he's ready I love the smallish gap, it's lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have an 18 month gap between each of my last three kids, dd2, dd3 and dd4! Yes, I was crazy , but all jokes aside, although it's been hard work and super challenging, now that they're not babies anymore, I am really starting to see the benefits of their close gaps. They have lovely bonds between each other, always someone to play with and each one is at a similar developmental stage, so it doesn't feel like we had to start over with each baby so to speak. My biggest gap is 2.5 years (the oldest DD1) so that wasn't a big gap either really, and I hope all the girls remain as close as they are right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following as I'm about to have baby number 2 in 4 weeks and ds1 will be 19 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    17 months between my new little DD and my DS. I have to be honest and tell you that it has been very challenging and exhausting in a way that no nap can fix! But then my son spends all day kissing his sister and I remind myself that this intense newborn + toddler stage will be over before I know it and then I will have an amazingly close family and it will all be worth it.
    Good luck. Xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 18 month age gap

I have almost 14 months between my 2, tbh the toddler is hard work but most days it's not so bad. You have to be organised and go with the chaos, enjoy the little things and don't expect too much from the toddler, baby or yourself! It takes a bit to get used to but after the first few months is really enjoyable and lovely - wouldn't change a thing. Feel free to pm me if you have any qs and good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not overly prepared but I prepare formula, clothes and days out.

I don't spend much time at home or I seriously go insane.

Playgroup, (I goto a PND mothers group), also goto kinder gym things like this during week to try break time up. The park.. Childcare. Depends if you will be studying again or returning to work what sort of schedule you will have.

I made DD's sleep perfect. I got a sleep consultant and she's a perfect sleeper. DS isn't. While that isn't 100% perfect it means I can half function! I put washing on at night and hang it out straight away. Yes they cry. Yes they scream. They are just starting to argue (and DS doesn't understand no yet as he's 1) well he does but not completely IYKWIM.

I try and cook healthy plain meals. I live off coffee and tea. Jug of water and fruit. I make fridge accessible for DD. she can get whatever she wants and a box of food she wants too.

Pm me if you want any more info or just to chat about it. It's hard but I'm sure later on its worth it. My husband also helps. ALOT.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So do you find the older child gets into mischief and injures themselves often? This is what is worrying me the most as I feel like at the moment I need to give ds1 my undivided attention all the time as if I try to give him some space and let him run off somewhere in the house I find him doing something totally inappropriate that could result in injury. We have tried to baby proof the house as much as possible but I still don't feel I can trust him. Just going to the bathroom for a couple of minutes makes me panic that he's going to get into trouble.

Obviously having another baby to look after will mean there will be occasions I can't be watching ds1 all the time. What do you do? Do you just relax and find they actually don't get injured or do you just have to accept more accidents etc?!