+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miscarriage or late period?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can share their insight into whether I'm experiencing an early miscarriage or a late period? My last period was 6 weeks ago, and it's always very regular on a 28-30 day cycle. My period is normally quite light with mild cramping, but this period is very heavy and the cramps are horrible. It is my second cycle since getting my period back after the birth of my one year old, but the first one was pretty typical of how they usually are. So maybe my system is out of whack now that my period is returning? And yes there is a chance I could have conceived because I'm not on birth control and we had sex the day I was due to ovulate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine have been way heavier post baby than pre baby. Also much more variable cycle lengths. It may be that you just don't know what your post baby cycles are like yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first few periods post baby were awful, heavy and really random with timing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you guys, I suspected it was just my period coming back and sorting itself out. Can't believe how heavy though. But it's good to know they can come back totally different.

Similar Threads

1. How long after miscarriage did your period return?
    By FTMumma in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31-03-2015, 17:32
  2. Period following a miscarriage
    By maybee baybee in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-03-2015, 20:21
  3. How long between miscarriage & next period?
    By siansmum in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-08-2014, 16:47