+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love tummy trimmer straight leg jeans from Jeans West- about $70 but can often get on sale 2 pairs for $109.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I'm another apple! An apple that is usually between sizes, otherwise skinny (I look so pregnant ), and with long legs. Makes it very hard to get jeans that fit!!

I loved my Riders jeans, they're about $110. But then since last year I've put on about 5kg, all around my tummy of course, and now I have the most horrendous muffin top you've ever seen!
    What kind of rise do you feel is best for apples? I can't work it out... low rise, mid, high waisted... I haven't really found one that uniformly fits.
    Every brand is so different. And even within the same brands or companies. Example: Went to Target the other day, was pressed for time so found a nice pair of jeans. Got the size 14 without trying on and went home- reason being I was wearing a pair of size 14 Target jeans at the time. Got home, tried them on, butt fitted beautifully but of course- there was noooooooo way I was going to get them done up! They're still sitting in my WIR, waiting to be returned, actually!
    I suppose the best we can do is try on everything and see. It's such a confidence kicker though, because 9/10 they will not fit. It is a magic pair of jeans that will fit we apple ladies.
    I swear, if I was insanely rich I would start my own clothing label for apple shaped women because it is insanely hard to find nice clothes for us. I would call it Apple. And then I would have to fight off that other little company that goes by the same name.. but it would be glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    I love tummy trimmer straight leg jeans from Jeans West- about $70 but can often get on sale 2 pairs for $109.
    Would you say (And I'm trying to be polite and delicate so I don't offend!) that you had a big tummy- like us other apple girls? (Usually defined by a round tummy with little to no butt)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    What kind of rise do you feel is best for apples? I can't work it out... low rise, mid, high waisted... I haven't really found one that uniformly fits.
    I think mid rise is best for apples - low rise is no good because the waist band sits below the muffin zone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

CMF  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love my Jag jeans. I have 2 pairs the same so I'm never without a pair! I've only worn Jag jeans for the last 5 or so years. Nothing compares or fits as well. Plus they have the in-between sizes so they fit well. I wear size 13 jeans because the 14s are way too big and fall down. The first wear after a wash is a bit tight, but then over the next few wears they soften again. They're usually around $100 a pair.

DH is more into fashion than I am. He was big on raw denim a few years back and it was nothing to him to spend $500 on a single pair of jeans. He saw them as an investment though, and he's only had to throw one pair out because he wore them so frequently he wore them through at the seam. They lasted him years though wearing them most days.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post

Would you say (And I'm trying to be polite and delicate so I don't offend!) that you had a big tummy- like us other apple girls? (Usually defined by a round tummy with little to no butt)
    I am more of a pear shape. I was bordering on apple before I started losing weight and the curve embracer jeans were a better fit for me then.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to be a Jeans West girl. A few years ago a friend of mine talked me into buying a pair of skinny jeans from Country Road (I never, ever go to Country Road). I went in and tried them on and they were seriously heavenly. Pulled them out again the other day...so comfy.

Last year DH and I went to Melbourne for a weekend and I found great jeans at Uniqlo. So I bought three pairs😏. I won't be shopping for jeans for a very long time ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Forever new jeggings, and dotti super tube jeans are my fav!
    Rusty boyfriend jeans from jetty surf are super comfy too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Atm I'm loving my mat jeans from Just Jeans but normally I have a pair of J Brand skinnies that I love.
    They fit perfectly, thanks to a jeans fitting machine thing at Bloomingdales in the U.S.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Jeans west. I LOVE their jeans, and own multiple pairs in different styles.

I always find they have great service. I just go in and say what jeans would look good on me, and they give me a bunch to try on..and they all look fab

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got slightly short legs and the only place I find that caters for this is Target. I got sick of buying jeans from other places and spending more money to get them taken up. So Target it is.