+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep i definitely belong in this thread!

Im still struggling with driving, mostly parking, judging distances etc.

Freya, im considering getting a reversing camera!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Yep i definitely belong in this thread!

Im still struggling with driving, mostly parking, judging distances etc.

Freya, im considering getting a reversing camera!
    Do!! Though I am only judging by the one that came with our car so not sure if retro fitting is as good? But I find most places I can reverse into a bay and then it's so easy to drive out - otherwise I might spend the whole time I'm parked thinking about how I'm going to go reversing out. Oh gees that sounds so sad!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No omg i totally get it! Im the same, thats why i really need a camera. I think we struggle with similar things when it comes to driving.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love love love my reverse camera... I will admit I'm so lazy with it now.

I will also admit I'm an bad parking offender. It's just one thing I never really learned.

Reverse parking no probs but between the lines I fail unless there is no one around me lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I thought you weren't allowed to use a reversing camera or sensors when you did your test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had my learners since March, I get stressed out when I'm reversing or parking. I hate, hate, hate it. I am getting much better at reversing out of our driveway and today I parked really well at Woolies, but that's because I could drive straight into it. I got very lucky.
    I was proud of myself, we saw a lady today that used to go to our church and I drove her home in an unfamiliar area and found her house without dh telling me what to do. I felt quite proud.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to becca022 For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (26-05-2015),SheWarrior  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I kind of belong in here. I am doing my HR Learners at the moment. I want the freedom that comes from being able to drive every vehicle on the road. I then want to do my HC or MC license.

Reversing is quite scary in a truck i must say. I hate depending on mirrors as i think they must be wrong as i trust my own eyes better in cars and i always check over my shoulder on my motorcycle too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh small roundabouts are evil, i hate them so much when no-one indicates. Im not psychic you know......

And parking, omg. Cant figure out how you are meant to reverse out of the parking space without hitting the cars either side or behind. I cant tell how close i am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Ugh small roundabouts are evil, i hate them so much when no-one indicates. Im not psychic you know......

And parking, omg. Cant figure out how you are meant to reverse out of the parking space without hitting the cars either side or behind. I cant tell how close i am.
    Sorry to crash this thread but a great trick is to look at people's wheels. Watch where the wheels are turning. I actually don't trust people indicating much (had an accident when I was 17 due to someone indicating incorrectly). Someone gave me the wheel advice and I've been using the strategy ever since. It sounds weird but it's actually easy. You can clearly see which way the car will go by watching the wheels, they change before the car does.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Sorry to crash this thread but a great trick is to look at people's wheels. Watch where the wheels are turning. I actually don't trust people indicating much (had an accident when I was 17 due to someone indicating incorrectly). Someone gave me the wheel advice and I've been using the strategy ever since. It sounds weird but it's actually easy. You can clearly see which way the car will go by watching the wheels, they change before the car does.
    Ive tried that but i still can't figure it out. By the time i see their wheels turn its too late to go.

Yeh i dont trust people indicating either, ds & i almost got hit by a car crossing at that roundabout the other day - the lady was indicating right so i assumed it was safe to go. We went to go & she turned off, still indicating right *facepalm*.