Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    There is a clear us and them thing on here and working mums have come to treat SAHM's with such thinly veiled contempt and superiority.
    If anything i think most WM are jealous of SAHM, so i dont think its 'superiority' thing. Thats the way you feel and your entitled to feel so.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    This isnt even a SAHM/working mum issue. You have totally flipped it into an entirely different issue. People have just said that if your youngest is school age, and you cant afford your lifestyle it has to change. PPL is for newborns when you are supposed to be at home nurturing them.

The government doesnt have to fund our lives. If we couldnt afford our lifestyle anymore we would have to move. If i have no money, i dont buy anything. It sucks but its a fact of life and theres no point in me stamping my feet for free money to sustain my choice to live where we do-you change your circumstances.
    Spot on. I just get tired of people whingeing when there's a cut to benefits. If your finding it difficult to make ends meet you need to reevaluate your situation and see what you can do to change it. We have been doing it tough too since dh was made redundant last year just as I was expecting our 3rd baby then I had to finish work early due to an injury. Unfortunately I'm not able to return to my fulltime position earlier. So instead of sitting around whingeing, stressing or worrying about how the mortgage is going to be paid while we only have one income coming in, I have got off my a### and was prepared to do anything work wise to get me by and make life financially easier for us and I'm damn proud of my efforts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I really don't think it's fair to tar all working mum's with the same brush. I have many many friends who are Stay at home mum's, and do not treat any with any contempt or feel superior over anyone at all.

Nor do I do so on the hub.
    No not all But there are a vocal group on here that have become quite unpleasant lately. I just skimmed the thread again for fear I was maybe over reacting. But nope, some pretty b*tchy responses to the OP. Of course passively aggressively worded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    The secondary income earner can earn up to $21000 before ftb b gets cut off when your youngest is aged between 5-18
    This is what I don't understand as to why I only get 6.30 of FTB B. I'm only on partnered payments and my partner doesn't earn much. It's crazy hard with only 200 to live off one week :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready To Run View Post
    Mods can you please delete this thread. I am just wanting it not to pop up as it is a very emotional issue for me right now. I thought that it would be a supportive environment but it's made me very upset. I'm sorry for the trouble - Thank you
    Op I've reported your post so hopefully a mod sees it. I'm sorry this thread has caused you more stress. I know how hard it can be when you're under financial stress.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Ready To Run  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Shouldn't it be like the dole in that case and those with kids 6 and over need to show they're either studying or actively seeking work, instead of taking FTB B away as a blanket rule when all kids are 6 or over?

No one should be penalised if they decide to live rurally, they wind up a single parent or don't have family or friends to be their village. So there has to be more of a case by case approach

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

DT75  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Op I've reported your post so hopefully a mod sees it. I'm sorry this thread has caused you more stress. I know how hard it can be when you're under financial stress.
    Thanks to the ladies who have been so lovely. I'm terribly sorry that this tread has gotten so out of hand. It's not an easy thing to go through but we will make it work. I'm thinking uni might just have to wait for now.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678