Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Errgghh another one of these hypocritical threads. Some of the people here maybe need to take their own advice the next time they post on a PPL thread whinging they can't make ends meet without 2 PPL payments at working wage that is tax payer funded. Can't afford to go on the 12 months leave you want? Stop making excuses, and having your lifestyle choices paid by the tax payer. SO over the double standards of working mums of this forum, sadly you don't even see it

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-05-2015),babyno1onboard  (25-05-2015),DT75  (25-05-2015),HappyBovinexx  (25-05-2015),Lillynix  (25-05-2015),onionskin  (25-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-05-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Coles and woolies is all done online now so you need to look out for jobs advertised. You no longer just drop your resume into the store and hope for the best.
    Do you propose that single mothers leave their kids sleeping in bed at home while they trott off to woolies for nightfill? Because you are seriously way off the mark with most of your comments about employment and real life for single mothers (low income earners with kids). Walk a mile. And as I said before - when there are NO jobs, there are NO jobs!

I find your 'blunt' comments quite disturbing. If you aren't successful for a job - should you be kicked again and again, punished more and more for not being able to get a job? Regardless of the reason/talent pool you compete against? Taking more $ away ensures that people don't have the $ to spend on clothes for work, fuel or other items that might assist in finding and securing employment. I'd love to visit your bubble - sounds like a great place to be...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

superbuns  (25-05-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I just point out that FTB B is NOT just another benefit. It was bought in to replace the dependent spouse Tax offset that was around for many years. So I do feel we have every right to expect it, if not.... put it back through the TAX system like it was all those years ago.
    Last edited by BH-community; 25-05-2015 at 14:20.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-05-2015),HappyBovinexx  (25-05-2015),onionskin  (25-05-2015),superbuns  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Errgghh another one of these hypocritical threads. Some of the people here maybe need to take their own advice the next time they post on a PPL thread whinging they can't make ends meet without 2 PPL payments at working wage that is tax payer funded. Can't afford to go on the 12 months leave you want? Stop making excuses, and having your lifestyle choices paid by the tax payer. SO over the double standards of working mums of this forum, sadly you don't even see it
    I see what your saying. Maybe its cause 14 weeks of minimum wage is a tiny bit less then more then the 6+ years of payments that people are complaining about. Not really comparable. Just sayin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suppose you are all right. We should just give up. We didn't get ourselves in this situation by choice. It wasn't our choice DH was made redundant. I didn't think we wouldn't be able to send our kids to school and they wouldn't be safe. We have worked our backsides off for nothing. To just walk away from everything is probably what we need to do. I'm sitting here in tears because I just feel like giving up but that's hard. The plan for those of you who asked was that we battle trough until I had finished my degree and I would be able to earn enough to make it worth driving the kids to school & paying for before & after school care. My career isn't mining related and there is work available but not until I'm qualified. The mining industry has flopped and this place has died and we are one of the many families who haven't given up yet. Perhaps we should though. Theres no work, businesses are closing every week, houses & land are work nothing & people owe way more than what it's all worth at this time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ready To Run For This Useful Post:

monnie24  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    I see what your saying. Maybe its cause 14 weeks of minimum wage is a tiny bit less then more then the 6+ years of payments that people are complaining about. Not really comparable. Just sayin.
    Who says they get it consecutively for 6 years. And I know women that pop out baby after baby since the PPL has come in, working a day a week, so you may be a SAHM that uses it for 3 years and given her husband's wage gets $100 per fortnight, then a woman that has 4 kids X 7k. You do the math.

I don't even begrudge the payment. My narkiness is the complete irony in these threads. "SAHMS, the tax payer shouldn't fund you anything to be at home, why should we pay for your lifestyle choices?..... oh but the 12 weeks of full pay with my employer isn't enough, I want the govt one too bc who will pay my mortgage? and while we're there, not only do I want to keep my employer funded PPL I want my wage matched by the govt too" *snort*

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-05-2015),Beljane  (25-05-2015),Lillynix  (25-05-2015),onionskin  (25-05-2015),snowqu33n  (25-05-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh well. I only get 6.30 from FTB B so I guess I can stop stressing haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hardly think centrelink payments fund a lavish lifestyle. Many people only just get by. For me it is not about the withdrawal of particular payments but the continuous assault by our Govt on those less fortunate (and in need of help). Target the rich tax avoiders not the poor.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (25-05-2015),HappyBovinexx  (25-05-2015),jez  (25-05-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saying you are too busy to work because you homeschool and live on an acreage is not even comparable to all women being able to access paid maternity leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Who says they get it consecutively for 6 years. And I know women that pop out baby after baby since the PPL has come in, working a day a week, so you may be a SAHM that uses it for 3 years and given her husband's wage gets $100 per fortnight, then a woman that has 4 kids X 7k. You do the math.

I don't even begrudge the payment. My narkiness is the complete irony in these threads. "SAHMS, the tax payer shouldn't fund you anything to be at home, why should we pay for your lifestyle choices?..... oh but the 12 weeks of full pay with my employer isn't enough, I want the govt one too bc who will pay my mortgage? and while we're there, not only do I want to keep my employer funded PPL I want my wage matched by the govt too" *snort*
    This isnt even a SAHM/working mum issue. You have totally flipped it into an entirely different issue. People have just said that if your youngest is school age, and you cant afford your lifestyle it has to change. PPL is for newborns when you are supposed to be at home nurturing them.

The government doesnt have to fund our lives. If we couldnt afford our lifestyle anymore we would have to move. If i have no money, i dont buy anything. It sucks but its a fact of life and theres no point in me stamping my feet for free money to sustain my choice to live where we do-you change your circumstances.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (25-05-2015),NoteToSelf  (25-05-2015)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast