+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 1 year old constantly waking overnight

Our 12 month old has just recently been weaned off formula about a week ago as we believe it was causing tummy upset (constant diarrhoea). We put him into goats milk and it has stopped (coincidence perhaps?)
    I understand it has less calories than formula so we have increased his solids during the day. This is what our day normally looks like
    7am 150mls of warm goat milk
    7.30am GF weetbix, yogurt, chia seeds and a bit of fruit (1/4 cup)
    9.30am hummus on a corn thin
    10.30am - 1pm nap
    1pm 100mls of milk
    1.30pm 1/2 cup of veggies with some protein and carbs (about 1/2 cup of this too)
    3pm 1/2 cup of fruit
    5.30pm dinner which is about the same as lunch
    6.30 150mls of milk
    Then 15 minutes play time then bath then bed around 7-7.30

He has only recently started waking overnight so I'll use last night as an example woke up at 11.30 hysterical bottle is the only thing that calmed him he has 250mls. 2.30 crying again but managed to get him to sleep. 5.30 hysterical again managed to calm him with 250mls of milk.
    To me this seems more than enough milk and probably too much. He got to daycare just before 8 and they were going to give him breakfast.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also should add we went to the doc last Wednesday (20/5) and he had an ear infection which he is on antibiotics for and is a lot better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following as My DS just turned 1 on the weekend, & we haven't changed anything but he has also for the last week been waking up through the night and taking ages to settle.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1 year old constantly waking overnight

Hmm I didn't consider it to be developmental but it could be
    Last edited by azelqra; 25-05-2015 at 12:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could you give some more milk before bed if you think he's hungry?

It's So hard to tell at that age – could be teeth (needing a bottle for comfort), developmental, growth spurt or disruption due to the recent ear infection.Have you tried giving Panadol/neurofen when he wakes to rule out pain? Otherwise, if you think it’s hunger, you could increase the meals/snacks during the day, making sure to include lots of protein.If that doesn’t work, I would just ride it out (but I know that doesn’t work for everyone).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can def try but the amount of milk I've listed is about all he will have along with the food he is eating. He's not underweight I don't think - 10.2kg at 12 months.
    Today is his first day back at day care after the ear infection (he is only there Monday-Wednesday and was off last week due to his temp and poo) so we will see how he goes after sleeping for an hour and a half all day.... !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is Your DS sleeping better now Qrazelna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcspack View Post
    Is Your DS sleeping better now Qrazelna
    He definitely is better thanks.
    I wrote this Monday morning after a horrific Sunday night. Monday night he had 1 bottle overnight (down from 2) and Tuesday night he had none. In fact he was giggling all night in his sleep! Cute but creepy!!
    These were his daycare days so I don't know if that's made any difference. See how tonight goes now that he's not there today ;-)

How have your nights been with LO?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    He definitely is better thanks.
    I wrote this Monday morning after a horrific Sunday night. Monday night he had 1 bottle overnight (down from 2) and Tuesday night he had none. In fact he was giggling all night in his sleep! Cute but creepy!!
    These were his daycare days so I don't know if that's made any difference. See how tonight goes now that he's not there today ;

How have your nights been with LO?
    That is great, My DS has been sleeping really well this week I changed him to the toddler formula and increased how much food I was giving him and he is sleeping right through last night in bed by 6:10 & up at 6:50am so maybe it was that he was hungry & more active now.