+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Plantar Faciitis

So.... I have plantar fasciitis.

It is my left foot, and it is been sore for so long. I am now so grumpy all the time as it hurts constantly and has been waking me at night

I'm going to the physio tomorrow and I'm hoping for some sort of help with it. I am on Weight Watchers to help as well.

I have just put up with it until now, I don't want to say how long I have had it as it is embarrassing. I didn't want to go to the doctor to be told I need to loose weight (I know this).

Does anyone else have it? What has helped you?

ETA we have booked a trip to Cambodia in November and I am really hoping that it is greatly improved by then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I have it! Orthotics and stretching your calf muscles

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried heaps of stuff and nothing worked
    Then someone recommended oofos to me, and seriously they are so good. Basically just a super rubbery soft overpriced thong. They don't look anything special and felt a bit weird at first but I'm so much better. I pretty much wear them 24/7 and noticed improvement straight away. After 6 months now I can go barefoot or wear other shoes for a few hours at a time a be ok. I'm pretty much never in pain from my feet anymore. Give them a try 😄

5. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    My 11-year-old DS has it. It's really expensive to get kids orthotic inserts so we just spend a bit more on his school shoes (he spends most of his time in them so they were the most important ones) and get something with a decent instep. When he was doing dance 18 months ago we'd strap it. Other things that were recommended: rolling his foot on a tennis ball; stretching it out on the stairs by putting the ball of his foot on the edge of the step and pushing his heel down as low as he could; and working on his posture. I've seen some straps that you can get to help it but haven't tested them out because they're designed for adults.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Where are you located? I have an oseto in Melb who does dry needling along with osteo work on my calves and feet and I came out feeling 90% better with one treatment. I saw him a couple of years ago and he fixed it completely in 5 sessions,.I should have gone for maintenance visits but got pregnant and he moved...now its back so I hightailed it to him. Things you can do at home... rolling your foot on a golf ball (hard) helps loosen it, alternately freeze water in a 600ml soft drink bottle and roll your foot across that to ease pain, stretches on the edge of a step bouncing up and down with half your foot hanging off. hamstring stretches with your leg straight out on a chair to stretch the calf, Orthodics or even inserts will help...no bare feet ever or ballet flats etc (basically kiss cheap shoes goodbye) you need arch support. I had the orthaheel thongs and they were pretty good. I've seen a podatrist and had that shockwave therapy & strapping but it did nothing... Hope some of that helps?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (25-05-2015)