+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default First birthday ideas

So Miss Moo's first birthday is fast approaching (too fast. *insert quiet mummy-sobbing here*) and I'm starting to party plan. We're having a joint party with her little friend who was born on the same day. We've got a venue sorted but we're stuck for an easy theme. Honestly we hadn't even considered having a theme but then we went to three first birthdays in the last two weeks and they all had themes! Any ideas? Do you think we need a theme? What theme did you have your child's first birthday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep I think you need a theme so you can coordinate invites/food/cake and decorations!

DS had a pirate rattle he loved as a baby so his first birthday was a pirate party - we had pirate themed food, decorations, invites, costumes and games - I had my cake lady make a replica of the rattle into a giant pirate cake and all the adults wore pirate hats , wigs and moustaches and we gave out hats and moustaches to all the kids , I have the most hilarious photos and videos and everyone had a ball! DS obviously won't remember it but we all certainly will and he has a tons of photos to look back on

Does your DD have a favourite toy? Or book ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We just did a colour theme- pink and white. She wore a pink and white outfit, had pink and white decorations etc. Nothing fancy or expensive but looked very cute.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We just did Teddy Bears Picnic last month for DS. Was very cute!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds amazing @Elijahs Mum. Dd's favourite book is dear zoo but theming around favourite things is a bit tricky when you're talking about a party for two babies.

I like the idea of a colour theme. Simple and easy. I've also toyed with the idea of a possum magic theme as I think that would be pretty easy to do in terms of food. Not sure what that would mean for decorations etc though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pin the tail on the possum!!! Decorate with a forest or bush theme?

Does the other bubba like zoo things? Or farmyard animals maybe? They would be easy themes - we did "under the sea" for my nieces first birthday as she has a stuffed octopus toy she loved!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did rainbow theme for DD's first birthday. Super easy and lots of ideas on Pinterest! I am thinking under the sea for DS's first birthday.

We did nursery rhymes for DDs second birthday which was lots of fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think you need a theme at all but if you want to do one then a colour theme is always easy or:

Rainbows
    Zoo
    Circus
    Garden party - flowers, bees, butterflies etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We did a 'where is the green sheep' theme because it was ds's favourite book. My friends have done circus theme, under the sea, fairy, and rainbow theme. The rainbow party was really cute!