+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hypnotherapy for anxiety/phobias

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy for anxiety/phobias? Did it help? What was it like?

Ive found a place that does weekend appointments & just emailed them, but im scared. Honestly the thought of it freaks me out for some reason.

But ive pretty much tried everything apart from meds (which i dont want to take until i can wean ds) & nothing has worked, so i figured i might as well give it a try.

I need to overcome both my anxiety & my driving phobia as they are destroying my life & my ds's life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have any advice with hypnotherapy, but I was medicated for anxiety/PND the entire time I breastfed DS and he is now 2.5 and it caused no problems whatsoever. Just thought I'd mention it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. I've done hypnotherapy for anxiety and emetophobia (fear of vomit).
    I did feel it was helping. But it was elective expensive so I couldn't keep going.
    You have to be open to it. Plus it's not being hypnotized or anything. It's really like guided meditation.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had pretty good success with hypnotherapy for anxiety/panic attacks in conjunction with CBT. I felt like it wore off after a while. I am learning Mindfulness atm and it seems to work equally well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks im going to go on medication instead once ds is weaned. I looked more into hypnotherapy put it was expensive & i was a little skeptical especially as i find mindfulness & cbt does nothing at all for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did hypnotherapy for a needle phobia. I went to 2 sessions, but probably should have done a third. I found that it has reduced my anxiety around needles quite significantly. That is, I no longer pass out or hyperventilate, but I still do need a support person if I'm going to get a needle or blood test, because otherwise I find the anxiety increases, and I am also still a bit woozy afterwards. Happy to discuss further with you if you like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to try hypnotherapy if I could afford it. Speak to your GP though, because Zoloft is pretty safe to use whole nursing x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't tried hypnotherapy but I've had CBT for my anxiety and phobias. Unfortunately it didn't help much and I wanted to try it before meds too. I'm leaning towards meds now but I hate the thought of so many chemicals in my body and the fact that if I come off them, things will go back to the way they are now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sashas girl View Post
    I haven't tried hypnotherapy but I've had CBT for my anxiety and phobias. Unfortunately it didn't help much and I wanted to try it before meds too. I'm leaning towards meds now but I hate the thought of so many chemicals in my body and the fact that if I come off them, things will go back to the way they are now.
    Sometimes you just need to do what you have to do to get through everyday. I felt the same before I started them. Once you start feeling better and like you can actually take on the world, then it's worth speaking to someone (psych, etc) and getting help. Then you can wean yourself off the medication - or at least lower you dose ☺
    You need to do what's best for you ❤

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ashlee2601 For This Useful Post:

sashas girl  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I highly recommend finding an experienced NET practitioner. I am currently working with my naturopath who uses this modality and it's been nothing short of life changing!
    It's not a quick fix. It's taken about 10 weeks of weekly visits to finally feel like I'm getting in the clear 😊