Closed Thread
Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thread crashing.

RE: embryogen/blastgen
    The success rate for blastocyst is always higher than day 3 embryo so I'm not sure how they are going to do the control trial. My understanding is that clinics grow embryo to day 5 will use a different media than day 3. That's why low cost clinics only grow to day 3. It is the technology (different incubator?) and extra stuff that go with it costs money for further culturing. From the sound of it, it is a new type of media for culturing the embies to day 5. If you havent heard of embryo glue, it is another one that i don't know how they can easily test the success rate (just thinking about a natural conception doesn't require it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk565 View Post
    Thanks @Heyside, but as of this evening the FRERs are now single line only. Waiting now for AF and to go again.
    Good luck with your new cycle, I hope you get the HRT green light.
    Good luck and to everyone cycling or 2ww-ing this month
    Sorry to hear that jk565 how frustrating hope af turns up quickly and you can get started again. Hopefully this thread is very lucky and brings lots of bfp's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck for tomorrow Phiphi!

AllyKat- I had a double tube removal back in 2010, started my first stim the following month and my first transfer resulted in DS. A year later used my only frosty which didn't take so have just started stimming for my first cycle in nearly 5 years!

Hope everyone is well and tracking along good...Best of luck for all those having scans, bloods etc this week, hope you all managed to have a relaxing weekend.

AFM: Today was Day2 of Lucrin...so will be pretty quiet on my end until AF arrives

Is anyone doing acupuncture? I am doing weekly appointments, curious as to what peoples thoughts are and if they think its helpful!?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilton04 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Thread crashing.

RE: embryogen/blastgen
    The success rate for blastocyst is always higher than day 3 embryo so I'm not sure how they are going to do the control trial. My understanding is that clinics grow embryo to day 5 will use a different media than day 3. That's why low cost clinics only grow to day 3. It is the technology (different incubator?) and extra stuff that go with it costs money for further culturing. From the sound of it, it is a new type of media for culturing the embies to day 5. If you havent heard of embryo glue, it is another one that i don't know how they can easily test the success rate (just thinking about a natural conception doesn't require it).
    They had a section in the news tonight on adelaides channel 7. From my understanding the media they use has a different protein in it which mimics the protein a womb would give out to protect the embie. They didn't actually stipulate how long they were culturing the embryo just that it is longer. Maybe a day 6-7 embryo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone doing acupuncture? I am doing weekly appointments, curious as to what peoples thoughts are and if they think its helpful!?[/QUOTE]

You just reminded me, I need to make an appointment tomorrow. Do you think starting treatment 5-6 weeks before a FET will still be beneficial?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Heyside and Hilton04 fingers and toes crossed .. I Was wondering about my scan tomorrow I feel as if I walk out without asking the important questions being my first ever stim..

What are some questions that I should be asking other than how many follies I have?

I'm also looking into acupuncture and was wondering if it's too late to do any at this stage.. When are the best times to do them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @allykat111: I looked up their website. It says culturing the embie to day 5. You can't culture to day 7. The reason being the embie arrives in the womb on day 5 and ready for implantation in a nature case. By day 7, your body would be too advance to make a good environment for it. A lot of clinics don't like to culture to day 6 for the same reason. However, they will if the embie has the potential of becoming blast on day 6 and is just a bit slow.

Good to hear that they have new innovation. Embryo glue is similar -- it contains a chemical substance that is naturally produced on the lining and thus increase the chance of implantation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'll have to querie FS on Friday as they froze 2 of mine on day 6. Not sure if they're planning to defrost s day 3 and grow it out to 5 or try the day 6 first. Guess that's what Friday's appointment is about??? Not due for the FET until mid July from my calculations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Phiphi best of luck for tomorrow.... Anything random between now and then just write it down and ask... I'm still thinking of stupid questions now and then but can never remember them! I love acupuncture, off treatment I could see the difference it made to my cycle. I stop and start all the time because the appointments combined with life and IVF it gets hard to juggle.... I've just started again, had a session week one of cycle, one today and one after transfer. My acupuncturist recommends 2 a cycle if you can. If anything it helps me to relax

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just got a BFP 7dp5dt!!! I hope this little one sticks. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1434327288.041470.jpg