+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a CS electively. Just seemed like a good idea for me. And it worked perfectly. I have had 2 now and have ZERO regrets. At the end of the day I just wanted a healthy bubba and that's what I got, who cares how it comes out. I chose right as DD1 was 9lb3oz a week early, so if I had gone natural she would have been in there longer growing the whole time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Thank you for sharing this, what you went through is partly what I'm worried about. I really hope things have improved for you. I was going to get the SRC recovery shorts too! When the physio first suggested them I thought how can a $180 pair of shorts possibly help me. But wow.
    I know right! I couldn't function without mine!! I loved them during pregnancy and even more so after!! Best money I have spent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you have nothing to feel guilty about. I also had a c section because of health concerns, and I did feel a little bad that I won't experience what natural birth feels like, but later on I realised that it would be a lot worse to not be able to experience parenting. If a C section can spare you some additional suffering and ensure that you'll go through that process unharmed, than it's worth trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default C-section due to back injury - feeling guilty.

Seeing as this old thread of mine has been resurrected I thought I'd give an update! A couple of days after this post I was diagnosed with preeclampsia which we tried to manage but turned into severe preeclampsia at 36 weeks and an emergency c-section. So the decision was taken out of my hands. I had been booked for a section at 39 weeks. My recovery from the op was far easier than I expected. My SPD pain was worse the first 3 days after the op than the pain from the op! My SPD pain has pretty well resolved now thank goodness and well my lower back is what it is, no worse than it was pre-pregnancy. My baby girl is almost four weeks old now
    ETA: I have no guilt about the method of delivery, emergency or elective it was definitely the right way to go for me.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

AngelicaGray3409  (29-07-2015),Kaybaby  (29-07-2015),nh2489  (29-07-2015),Wise Enough  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is great news! Well, not about the health issues, but about your beautiful baby girl! Doesn't matter how she arrived, she is here now and you will have many amazing moments together