This.I just want to wrap you up, hug you and then cry with you. I get it. As I know, so many parents on here do.
Lessons I learned:
1. It's not like the books/movies/internet says it will be and this unfairly causes guilt
2. I didn't feel overwhelming love at first sight with my DS. I felt guilty and hated myself. But the love comes, eventually.
3. Be vocal about what you want and need. I didn't and people couldn't read my mind
4. Ask/cry/scream/beg for help. Do whatever it takes. You're not a burden. Services are there to help, but the wait can be long. Whatever you do, don't downplay how you feel.
5. The idea of Super mum is bullsh!t.
6. Talk or write about how you feel. It can help and others can empathise or offer support
7. It took 2 to make a baby. Be clear with your partner about what you need. You don't have to do it all.
10. Be kind and gentle to yourself. I'm 8 months pp and I'm only just starting to feel like elements of me are back to my old self.
If there's anything you need, feel free to message