+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    @harvs that reminds me. I saw a post on fb a couple of weeks ago of a man who "was taking pics of kids in a shopping centre". There was a huge uproar about it. - turns out he was taking a selfie in front of a star wars (?) sign to send to his teenage kids as a lame " Dad joke".

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (24-05-2015),harvs  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    THat is horrible! I hadn't heard. Just disgraceful!

Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    It just happened in SA yesterday. Someone posted a pic of an old man who was smiling at and talking to families with kids. It was widely circulated.

Turns out he was suffering from dementia. He ended up being assaulted by someone who had seen his picture online. The family were, understandably, extremely distressed.

The police posted about it, saying that the appropriate course of action is to contact the police, not circulate pictures of people and defame them. Someone actually wrote in the comments that dementia was no excuse for approaching people and talking to them!

So yeah, I agree. I think it's a bit out of control tbh. What happened to presuming the best of people?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    I dont understand this. I used to drive a large sedan and parking was hard for me and busy areas made me nervous. You don't have to be a parking wizz. It's considerate to check that youre a)in the lines and b)straight when youre done. That little bit takes no talent, its just an extra 5 second step.
    I think that's the problem lots of drivers especially those with years and years of experience don't get it. That extra straightening might take you 5 seconds but for some could be an extra 5 or 10minutes. Busy carpark you keep going in and out with cranky drivers behind you wanting to park, children and /or babies crying in the car it's very stressful to some people. Some people are just inconsiderate jerks but some are just doing their best and don't need the extra pressure from experienced drivers who just don't get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If parking and straightening is going to take you ten minutes - and you know it - get some more practice and lessons. I paid for a whole extra lesson, just on parking when I was getting my licence. I'm pretty pedantic about parking at the right angle for the park I'm in, whatever way I'm facing. Sometimes my wagon is the only straight car in a row of parks!

Honestly, unless its an emergency, there's no excuse to park like that, ever.

Experience, skill - it can be learnt and mastered, pretty quickly! - should someone who cant even park their car, be on the road driving the bl00dy thing?
    If you know you cant park, do something about it!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mumat For This Useful Post:

Angels4me  (24-05-2015),Apple iPhart6  (24-05-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (25-05-2015),Molros  (24-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-05-2015),trustno1  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    I think that's the problem lots of drivers especially those with years and years of experience don't get it. That extra straightening might take you 5 seconds but for some could be an extra 5 or 10minutes. Busy carpark you keep going in and out with cranky drivers behind you wanting to park, children and /or babies crying in the car it's very stressful to some people. Some people are just inconsiderate jerks but some are just doing their best and don't need the extra pressure from experienced drivers who just don't get it.
    10 minutes!? Personally id be worried about my confidence (or lack of) driving on the roads, making split decisions and handling high pressure situations if it took me 10 minutes to park straight.

Either that or make the conscious decision to park somewhere that doesn't put you in that situation.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (24-05-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (25-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    I would actually prefer to wait for a driver to park their car properly then for the person to be inconsiderate leaving the car parked incorrectly and leaving no room for the people parked next to them.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

heplusme  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Ha ha I wish!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    10 minutes!? Personally id be worried about my confidence (or lack of) driving on the roads, making split decisions and handling high pressure situations if it took me 10 minutes to park straight.

Either that or make the conscious decision to park somewhere that doesn't put you in that situation.
    I've been doing just that for years, parking in quiet areas slowly building up my confidence. I searched for carparks that I could practice in but I need somewhere with enough cars to practice parking between cars but quiet enough not to hold people up and stress me out. I'm pretty sensitive about this as I actually rarely leave my car when it's not parked well but I can totally understand how that might happen. Spaces seem to be getting smaller and it is stressful to park in a busy carpark. It's not always possible to park somewhere quiet and I feel sorry for people being shamed on Social media because they didn't park well. There are videos of people trying to parallel park or get out of spaces and you can hear the people making the videos laughing. Like that's gonna help. Just mean. And being good at parking doesn't make you a safe driver. If we can't park straight in a set time should we just get off the road? I was nervous before my test but my instructor said I was doing well, I drive carefully and the manoeuvres will get better.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post
    If parking and straightening is going to take you ten minutes - and you know it - get some more practice and lessons. I paid for a whole extra lesson, just on parking when I was getting my licence. I'm pretty pedantic about parking at the right angle for the park I'm in, whatever way I'm facing. Sometimes my wagon is the only straight car in a row of parks!

Honestly, unless its an emergency, there's no excuse to park like that, ever.

Experience, skill - it can be learnt and mastered, pretty quickly! - should someone who cant even park their car, be on the road driving the bl00dy thing?
    If you know you cant park, do something about it!
    Seriously if it only took 1 extra lesson I'd do it. They pass safe careful drivers, being super quick and brilliant at parking isn't what the rta look for. I have never had 1 point deducted I have every right to be on the road just like some poor disabled or elderly soul who is fit to drive but sometimes parks over a line. Oh the shame maybe they should hobble along to bus stops? Some people learnt to drive when there wasn't such busy chaotic carparks and fitting into little spaces under pressure wasn't so crucial