+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I was a late learner too. I think I was about 27 or 28 when I got my P's. Once I was taught how to position the car on the road (which is now second nature and I don't need to follow that little tip I was taught) I seemed to just pick up the rest so easily. I still find reverse 45 degree angle parking difficult if they have marked spots so I just avoid when I'm in NSW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    I still find reverse 45 degree angle parking difficult if they have marked spots so I just avoid when I'm in NSW.
    I had no idea this was a thing! In WA some places have angled parking but it's always forward parking.

I find reverse parking much easier than forward parking because I can see my entire car in my mirrors as opposed to not being able to actually see if my bonnet is going to hit something! I also find it easier to reverse park between two cars than if there's a spare bay but that would be solved by dipping my mirrors to see the line. 9 times out of 10 I drive forward to double check I'm in the bay straight even though I know I went in straight, I'm just paranoid about it lol!

That's probably why I make posts like this so I can pass the paranoia on to people like @harvs!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (23-05-2015),Mokeybear  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    Who's persons fault is it then? The passengers??
    I don't know, but maybe parking isn't something they're good at, or maybe the car is bigger than they're used to, or maybe they're short. Or maybe they're just a d!ck. It could be any number of reasons.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to becca022 For This Useful Post:

Molros  (23-05-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default How do you park like this???

Quote Originally Posted by apple iphart6 View Post
    that's probably why i make posts like this so i can pass the paranoia on to people like @harvs!
    UNlike!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha makes me think of a facebook page about crappy parkers in my town. Always worried there will be a picture of my car although I don't park too badly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becca022 View Post
    I don't know, but maybe parking isn't something they're good at, or maybe the car is bigger than they're used to, or maybe they're short. Or maybe they're just a d!ck. It could be any number of reasons.
    Well....I'm not a d1ck! But I'm short, the car I'm currently driving is far bigger than I'm used to and I'm not really that comfortable driving it....but I always make sure I'm parked straight and within the lines!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    Well....I'm not a d1ck! But I'm short, the car I'm currently driving is far bigger than I'm used to and I'm not really that comfortable driving it....but I always make sure I'm parked straight and within the lines!!
    That's partly where I'm having trouble with parking. I'm short and learning in a Kia Carnival. Lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to becca022 For This Useful Post:

Molros  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becca022 View Post
    That's partly where I'm having trouble with parking. I'm short and learning in a Kia Carnival. Lol.
    I feel your pain!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think name and shame things are very useful, it seems in this society - nobody is safe from a camera. If you fall over, someone could put it on the internet, if park badly, or if you wear clothes that other people find funny etc. I think it is really b*tchy to be honest.
    Last edited by beebs; 24-05-2015 at 10:04.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (24-05-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I don't think name and shame things are very useful, it seems in the society - no body is safe from a camera. If you fall over, someone could put it on the internet, if park badly, or if you wear clothes that other people find funny etc. I think it is really b*tchy to be honest.
    It just happened in SA yesterday. Someone posted a pic of an old man who was smiling at and talking to families with kids. It was widely circulated.

Turns out he was suffering from dementia. He ended up being assaulted by someone who had seen his picture online. The family were, understandably, extremely distressed.

The police posted about it, saying that the appropriate course of action is to contact the police, not circulate pictures of people and defame them. Someone actually wrote in the comments that dementia was no excuse for approaching people and talking to them!

So yeah, I agree. I think it's a bit out of control tbh. What happened to presuming the best of people?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (24-05-2015),beebs  (24-05-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (29-05-2015)