+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I've seen this, too! It's SUCH a douche move! Personally, I think they're just asking for someone to key their car because if anything, it draws attention to your car more than parking regularly would! (Just to be clear, I'm not condoning damaging peoples' cars over parking!)

If I was that precious about my car, I would park at the farthest end of the car park where only one side of my car could get hit and it's unlikely anyone else would park on the other side of me anyway!
    This exactly! A guy at work would park his car that way every day.
    one day someone had made a few posters with a picture of his car and the tag "LEARN HOW TO PARK". put them up every at work.
    The driver got all upset and complained to HR...

Our CEO though shut it down, saying the carpark was 80% empty and that if the employee was that precious about his car he ought to park further away.

Seriously I think that if you think so much of your car it's best not to take it out of the garage...! Save you the heart aches

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-05-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh I've loads of photos like this.
    This being the worst, probably because of where it was more than anything.
    At a Children's hospital where car spaces were in demand.
    D!CK!

**** park-001.jpg

While I'm on it (and I'm always good for a rant ) another d!ck parking move is when you don't pull in tight to the edge of a driveway so another car can fit in behind you.
    Just to clarify, at my son's school there's two good streets to park on and IF everyone is considerate, there's adequate parking for pick up.
    Pull up close to a drive and you'll fit two or three cars between driveways.
    But one a$$hole who leaves a metre (and sometimes two) in front of them, means you can't get another car in there and you're off up the hill to park.
    Very annoying when I'm struggling with a newborn and a toddler and I see these parents are alone getting out of the car and sauntering off down the road, oblivious!
    One day I took FOUR photos of idiots doing this. (Just to show DH)
    This was late in the year too, not the start of the school term where you'd have new parents just getting used to the ropes.
    Drives me batty and I KNOW it drives other mums batty too because I've overheard many of them complaining.
    I don't know.
    Simple consideration of others isn't it?
    Seems lacking these days.
    Rant over

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

MonkeyMumma  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Another time I watched a woman parallel park, there were two empty bays but she was half into the bay in front of her.
    I had this happen once where I was behind the person also waiting for a park. So I had my indicator on, and was waiting behind him as he pulled in, thinking he'd pull up to the front to let me in.... nup! He sat there waiting for me to pass so he could open his door and get out...Then wound down his window and abused me "WTF are you doing?!?". So I told him I also needed to park and he was taking up two spots!!! He looked a bit shame faced then and finally pulled up. WTF did he think I was doing??? Just blocking traffic on a busy street for fun???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-05-2015)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Crappy parking is rampant in my town there is actually a FB page shaming them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fil is guilty of being a crap Parker. But he does it intentionally! Which bugs me so much! He takes up 2 spaces so no one parks near his precious car (which is nothing special anyway) so some people are just arrogant and some people can't park for ****.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
    My fil is guilty of being a crap Parker. But he does it intentionally! Which bugs me so much! He takes up 2 spaces so no one parks near his precious car (which is nothing special anyway) so some people are just arrogant and some people can't park for ****.
    My Mum is similar in that she doesnt want her car damaged but she parks correctly, just as far away from anyone as possible. Most of the time she wont even park in carparks at all! However whenever she does, no matter what we ALWAYS come back to the car (which is parked a million miles away) and someone has parked crooked on top of her. Bahahha

It cracks me up. She goes ballistic.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaf View Post
    Parking is a prerequisite for a drivers licence. Not knowing how to park properly is a traffic hazard. That's why people get agro about it.
    I passed my test the first time but I learnt to drive at 35 so parking is still an anxiety ridden chore. For the record once I'm parked I'm straight and don't take up more than one bay ever but it sh*** me that people are so quick to judge bad parking as pure ignorance or arrogance. This is a parenting site and what is that teaching kids that we laugh at people who aren't as skilled at parking as us? Sure there are arrogant inconsiderate parkers but there are also those that are just less than perfect and working on it. Brilliant parking isn't a prerequisite for safe driving. I do my best to park well but occasionally I'm not as close to the curb as I should be but don't notice until out of the car. Should I take my baby out of her buggy and back into the car to change the angle to perfect even if I'm not endangering anyone and doing so will upset my baby and make me late to pick up kids from school??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Freyamum

I'm not the best parker but I always check the car before I get the kids out. I also know I'm better at turning to park on my right than left and can only reverse parallel properly on my left side.

I get that it's hard but its also courtesy to your fellow drivers to park correctly.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-05-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (25-05-2015),Molros  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my learners 2 months ago, so parking gives me anxiety still, especially after seeing posts like this. Not everyone is good at parking and as annoying as it might be to more experienced drivers, it's not always that persons fault.
    Everyone is different, with different abilities.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to becca022 For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becca022 View Post
    I got my learners 2 months ago, so parking gives me anxiety still, especially after seeing posts like this. Not everyone is good at parking and as annoying as it might be to more experienced drivers, it's not always that persons fault.
    Everyone is different, with different abilities.
    Who's persons fault is it then? The passengers??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

MonkeyMumma  (24-06-2015)