+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    We have a whole FB page dedicated to bad parkers here.

Apart from this my biggest beef is people who park in disabled spots without a permit (no excuses!!!!!!!) and the parallel parking out the front of DS's school. I've often had to do laps to find a park because people will leave not quite a car space between them and the car behind them. There is one person who shouldn't have their licence because they seem to have no idea about how to reverse a car. I watched her one day. She was pretty straight but when she tried to reverse back towards my car she somehow managed to hit her back tyres against the kerb and have her front end sticking out about 2 metres

But really, parking and reversing are things that really do matter when it comes to driving.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-05-2015),HearMeRoar  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    But seriously look at the pic, the car park is the same size as the car! I think getting mad at people who design stupidly small spots is a better idea.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Cardi  (23-05-2015),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (22-05-2015),harvs  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've once parked opposite a Merc that was parked exactly in the middle of two spaces. What a d!ck. I was tempted to give him a good tap with my towbar as I reversed out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Haha this is why I haven't gone for my license yet... because no one has taught me how to park and I don't want to park wrong!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    We have a whole FB page dedicated to bad parkers here.

Apart from this my biggest beef is people who park in disabled spots without a permit (no excuses!!!!!!!) and the parallel parking out the front of DS's school. I've often had to do laps to find a park because people will leave not quite a car space between them and the car behind them. There is one person who shouldn't have their licence because they seem to have no idea about how to reverse a car. I watched her one day. She was pretty straight but when she tried to reverse back towards my car she somehow managed to hit her back tyres against the kerb and have her front end sticking out about 2 metres

But really, parking and reversing are things that really do matter when it comes to driving.
    On the disabled park thing...what if they were on day leave from hospital....nope too bad no permit, you can walk heaps far.

Sorry this is a bit of a pet peeve because life is not black and white.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

DT75  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I saw an older lady the other week do a terrible parking job. It was to be reverse 90' to the curb. She was driving a tiny hatch back and still managed to take up two spaces AND mounted the curb. She got out, looked at it and walked off. That's just arrogance and laziness. Not to mention parking up on a curb which is a busy foot path in front of shops is dangerous.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblu11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes people are forced to badly as the person who parked next to them may have gone over the lines and then has left by the time you see the apparently badly parked car. Please think of this before you leave a nasty note or worse, damage someone's car.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-05-2015),bezzy  (22-05-2015),Frankenmum  (22-05-2015),Freyamum  (23-05-2015),LaceyGracie  (23-05-2015),LaDiDah  (26-05-2015),MissMuppet  (22-05-2015),MrsA2B  (23-05-2015),Rutabaga  (23-05-2015),smallpotatoes  (22-05-2015),Tinkers  (22-05-2015),Wise Enough  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell's Silver Hammer View Post
    On the disabled park thing...what if they were on day leave from hospital....nope too bad no permit, you can walk heaps far.

Sorry this is a bit of a pet peeve because life is not black and white.
    No, life isn't black and white. I doubt the person writing the ticket would care about any reason for parking in a disabled spot without a permit though. And if you're not comfortable walking from a standard park while on day leave why on earth would you even think about going anywhere like a shopping centre because chances are you'd have to walk around the shops too so parking closer would make very little difference.

When DH first got out of hospital after his accident he was still in a wheelchair but couldn't even get a temporary permit. The simple solution was for him to only go out when he absolutely needed to and when someone was with him who could push him from even the furthest end of the carpark. Even now that he does have a permit, half the time he doesn't use it if we can find a park that's not much further away...not that he goes out that often because he can usually on spend 5-10 minutes walking around before the pain becomes unbearable.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-05-2015),azelqra  (23-05-2015),waterlily  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Sometimes people are forced to badly as the person who parked next to them may have gone over the lines and then has left by the time you see the apparently badly parked car. Please think of this before you leave a nasty note or worse, damage someone's car.
    Damaging someone's property is never ok...especially over something as minor as parking.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Cardi  (23-05-2015),HearMeRoar  (23-05-2015),MissMuppet  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    No, life isn't black and white. I doubt the person writing the ticket would care about any reason for parking in a disabled spot without a permit though. And if you're not comfortable walking from a standard park while on day leave why on earth would you even think about going anywhere like a shopping centre because chances are you'd have to walk around the shops too so parking closer would make very little difference.

When DH first got out of hospital after his accident he was still in a wheelchair but couldn't even get a temporary permit. The simple solution was for him to only go out when he absolutely needed to and when someone was with him who could push him from even the furthest end of the carpark. Even now that he does have a permit, half the time he doesn't use it if we can find a park that's not much further away...not that he goes out that often because he can usually on spend 5-10 minutes walking around before the pain becomes unbearable.
    Cough, bank, cough. And you can contest them if you have medical reasons. I have had to do it. I was in hospital for a week before my youngest was born. I had a day leave and could go into labour and had to minimise how far i could walk, i had to go to the bank to get money so i could give to my partner so we could feed the kids. I am not married and we have separate bank accounts. I called the council and they told me to just contest any fine with a medical note. I did get a fine and i did contest it....the fine was waved.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post: