+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    The ONLY reason this woman didn't get a dirty nappy left on her bonnet with a note was because I couldn't find a pen.
    I'm ashamed to admit I'm serious about that.

My car is the blue one.
    Attachment 70392

The picture might look harmless enough but as I was juggling two children, one a SCREECHING infant, shopping bags and a pram into my car this morning, this "lady" came up on the wrong side of the car space beside me (she drove in , not reversed in, from the other side crossing two other spots as you can see behind her car) and sat waiting for me to close my son's door to let her park.
    Now, that alone p!ssed me off because there was LOADS of empty spaces around us but I stopped what I was doing (begrudgingly) to go round and shut my son's door, giving her the benefit of the doubt.
    DD is still screaming her head off and I'm feeling the stress at this point and I just knew this woman was going to say something to me.
    Just as I'm putting the pram in the boot she passes me and says
    "oh is somebody upset this morning?"
    I gave her the death stare. Honestly woman, do I look like I want to chat to you? Jog on!
    "Yes" I muttered as I slammed the boot and go around to open my son's door to secure his buckle.
    Only look, see how she's parked?
    As fecking close to me as she can possibly get.
    The passenger door hits her car as I open it.
    I called after her asking if she was going to leave her car parked like that?
    She ignored me and toddled off on her merry way, most likely to obstruct shoppers with her trolley as she saunters around in la-la-land.
    Honestly!! Oh and my door clipped her mirror, not bad but it reminded me of the post early about parking when one car is nose in and the other nose out.
    Either it never bothered me before I just never noticed it.
    It bothered me today.

I have a big bag of pens going into the car now.
    Oh I know it's not nice but I drove like a bat out of hell out of that car park this morning because of her.
    A screaming baby is enough to deal with without morons with no common sense and a nerve to comment on my child, too.
    She's within the lines though? I mean yeah, annoying... but it's not 'bad parking' really.

I would have been more annoyed by someone driving "like a bat out of hell" out of a carpark, than being parked next to like that.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-05-2015),Freyamum  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    She's within the lines though? I mean yeah, annoying... but it's not 'bad parking' really.

I would have been more annoyed by someone driving "like a bat out of hell" out of a carpark, than being parked next to like that.
    I disagree. I have been in a position similar where i couldn't open my door wide enough to get DD2 in.

It is just plain obnoxious IMO. It is the parking equivalent of a road hog!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    When you're trying to get 2 kids buckled into car seats and there is someone waiting impatiently to pull into the car park right next to you when there are clearly plenty of others around....yep, that's darn annoying. I've been in the other woman's position too. I went to go right through to the front car park and there was a mother getting her kids in the car. Instead of sitting there waiting I backed up, straightened and parked in the back park. It made very little difference to me but a lot of difference to the mother.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (29-05-2015),Phony  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    When you're trying to get 2 kids buckled into car seats and there is someone waiting impatiently to pull into the car park right next to you when there are clearly plenty of others around....yep, that's darn annoying. I've been in the other woman's position too. I went to go right through to the front car park and there was a mother getting her kids in the car. Instead of sitting there waiting I backed up, straightened and parked in the back park. It made very little difference to me but a lot of difference to the mother.
    It never said she was waiting impatiently. It's a small car park space so that doesn't give as much room either side. I don't think she did anything wrong but in that situation I would be stressed too because of the kids being upset and feeling like I had to hurry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post

Yep, I know she's within the line (just about) like I said the picture itself didn't show much of a problem.
    It was her waiting and forcing me to close the passenger door to let her in, then her comment AND then her close park just tipped me over the edge all together.

AND like I said, the car park was practically empty so there was nobody around as I drove out as I wished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    It never said she was waiting impatiently. It's a small car park space so that doesn't give as much room either side. I don't think she did anything wrong but in that situation I would be stressed too because of the kids being upset and feeling like I had to hurry.
    Whether she was impatient or not probably doesn't make that much of a difference. Like you said, you'd feel pressured to hurry up. I just think a little common courtesy from the woman would have been good. Doesn't seem to be near enough common courtesy these days.
    Last edited by Chunkydunks; 29-05-2015 at 14:29.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Phony  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I thought those small car spaces were for really small cars like hatchbacks? I could be wrong though.

I hate the feeling of being rushed when trying to put the kids into the car, and if there are other car spaces, then she should have parked there - it's common courtesy. Sorry, but I don't think there is any excuse for speeding in a car park though.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

DT75  (30-05-2015),Phony  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ah I wasn't really speeding.
    Just using a common phrase.
    Can't go fast with all the speed bumps and barriers unfortunately.
    Kidding

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default How do you park like this???

Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    I recently parked my RAV4 in a "small car" bay because they were the same size as all the other bays. I didn't even realise it was a "small car" bay until I'd gotten out. I took a pic to show my friends because I couldn't understand why they were even small car bays since my car fit perfectly well!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432884973.778663.jpg

ETA: This also happens to be one of the rare times I parked in forward. Just in case someone parked in the adjoining bay and I was using the pram so needed to be able to open the boot.
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 29-05-2015 at 17:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    You need chalk.
    Attachment 70231
    Agree entirely, but it's obvious he gets off on being an as.shole (?) so I'd write a message such as: 'my **** is small, trust me I know' instead