+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I meant angled parking as in perpendicular parking to the road. Like that.

Should always park in reverse.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1432528817.078337.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I meant angled parking as in perpendicular parking to the road. Like that.

Should always park in reverse.

Attachment 70314
    what rary girl said above is also what i was told for 90 degree as well. even in your pic, they are all faceing in except 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell's Silver Hammer View Post
    what rary girl said above is also what i was told for 90 degree as well. even in your pic, they are all faceing in except 1
    The safest way to park is in reverse. How can you see the traffic when you get out of your car park if you parked nose in first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    The safest way to park is in reverse. How can you see the traffic when you get out of your car park if you parked nose in first?
    By using your mirrors and turning your head to look out the side windows, edge back slowly while checking for traffic.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

amyd  (25-05-2015),LaDiDah  (26-05-2015),Maxwell's Silver Hammer  (25-05-2015),MrsBid  (25-05-2015),RaraMum  (25-05-2015),~Marigold~  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread so this may have been said but sometimes the cars already parked in surrounding apps are very poorly parked and you have no choice but to do a fairly dodgy park. Then the original offenders drive off and you are left looking like the idiot who can't park.
    I did explain later in the thread that this particular car was parked in the second bay along but into the end bay. There was no way another car forced them to park that way. I definitely understand that sometimes that is the case but in this situation it definitely wasn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I can forgive bad parkers... so many people don't know how to use round abouts and they should have their licence taken off them.
    Just the other day, I was driving up to a roundabout that was at a t-junction so we could either go straight or left (or do a u-turn). The person in front of me indicated right. Sure enough they went straight!

Which is not as bad, of course, as people coming from my right who indicate left when they're going straight. Therefore they almost hit me when I go because I assumed that when they indicated left because they were indeed intending to turn left!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default How do you park like this???

And on the topic of bad parking...i hate when people don't park uniform to others so they reverse into a park when everyone else is nose in so their mirrors obstruct doors opening on both sides of them rendering the back seat inaccessible.
    You had me at roundabouts, you lost me here. I exclusively reverse park because of the aforementioned crashing when I forward park. Plus I love just getting in my car and driving away, no faffing about trying to reverse out of a parking space and trying to see what's behind me. I can't sing the praises of reverse parking enough!

ETA: There is a downside to reverse parking. When I want to get the pram out of my car because I have a RAV4 and it's got the stupid swinging open door that's a PITA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    By using your mirrors and turning your head to look out the side windows, edge back slowly while checking for traffic.
    I 100% agree on reverse parking being the safest. It's much, much easier and safer to take the time to reverse into a parking space than it is to reverse out of a parking space. When reversing in, there is no one trying to drive past, etc. and don't get me started on people who use car parks as a race track.

It's all well and good to go slowly and use your mirrors and check for traffic but it doesn't help when you're doing all that while trying back out and from between two Landcruisers while some guy who feels that because he's got right of way he'll just zoom past you even though he can see your reversing lights but you can't see him.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

heplusme  (25-05-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I 100% agree on reverse parking being the safest. It's much, much easier and safer to take the time to reverse into a parking space than it is to reverse out of a parking space. When reversing in, there is no one trying to drive past, etc. and don't get me started on people who use car parks as a race track.

It's all well and good to go slowly and use your mirrors and check for traffic but it doesn't help when you're doing all that while trying back out and from between two Landcruisers while some guy who feels that because he's got right of way he'll just zoom past you even though he can see your reversing lights but you can't see him.
    Not to mention trying to reverse out of a car park in a shopping centre and having people walk directly behind your car as you're trying to reverse. At least if you have reversed into the car park you can see everyone around you when you drive out again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree it is definitely safer to reverse in. That is why in a lot of towns with angle parking in nsw have actually made it a rule of that town that the parking is actually reverse in in the main streets.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app