+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    So how are you supposed to gain experience and skill (and no it *isn't* pretty simple to master for all people, as some posters have attempted to explain) if you aren't even supposed to be on the road driving? That makes no sense.

And being an imperfect parker doesn't automatically mean being an unsafe driver.

I'd much rather be an imperfect parker than someone who speeds, tailgates, drink drives, texts while driving etc. I think those people are much more of a danger and annoyance to the community.

Some of these comments are pretty harsh IMO. I can how it's annoying but it's really not the worst thing that can happen on the roads. And there's a difference between people that don't give a toss and those that do their best as well.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-05-2015),Freyamum  (25-05-2015),FrothyFrog  (24-05-2015),SheWarrior  (25-05-2015),Tinkers  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I learned to park in shopping centres on a Sunday. Where there are ppl but not a whole heap of cars in a rush.

I get that some ppl have difficulty parking, I know I do. And this often meant parking ages away till I got my confidence up.

I parked yesterday at the gym nice and straight with enough room on all sides. Then some moron parked so close to my drivers side that my pregnant belly and I couldn't get into the car. I had to climb over from the passengers side.

I was furious as they were crooked and way too close to my car, especially as there were heaps of spaces around.

Grrr.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (25-05-2015)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read this whole thread so this may have been said but sometimes the cars already parked in surrounding apps are very poorly parked and you have no choice but to do a fairly dodgy park. Then the original offenders drive off and you are left looking like the idiot who can't park.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm an average parker I'd say... But I always get out to check if I'm in the bay and correct it if I'm not. Life has rules people!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Seriously if it only took 1 extra lesson I'd do it. They pass safe careful drivers, being super quick and brilliant at parking isn't what the rta look for. I have never had 1 point deducted I have every right to be on the road just like some poor disabled or elderly soul who is fit to drive but sometimes parks over a line. Oh the shame maybe they should hobble along to bus stops? Some people learnt to drive when there wasn't such busy chaotic carparks and fitting into little spaces under pressure wasn't so crucial
    When I got my license which was 10+ years ago now in SA it was a requirement that you had to be able to demonstrate that you could drive and understand the road rules but also park a car in all situations, normal carpark, reverse parallel and reverse angle parking. I actually failed my first test because I couldn't reverse parallel park due to nerves. I find it strange that these are no longer pass or fail aspects of the test when getting your provisional license.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (25-05-2015),mumat  (26-05-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    When I got my license which was 10+ years ago now in SA it was a requirement that you had to be able to demonstrate that you could drive and understand the road rules but also park a car in all situations, normal carpark, reverse parallel and reverse angle parking. I actually failed my first test because I couldn't reverse parallel park due to nerves. I find it strange that these are no longer pass or fail aspects of the test when getting your provisional license.

They are still :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Maxwell's Silver Hammer  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post

Reverse parallel parking was part of mine but not reverse angle parking, which I find strange because there was reverse angle parking in the town I was living in at the time. I can do it, I just can't see the lines to make sure I'm within them so avoid any area with marked bays lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooohh bad parking is something that really gets me. I have only just come off my p llated this year so ive only had my license 2.5 years. I still park better than most who have had their licenses for years. Really really grinds ny gears

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A family friend posted a picture on Facebook of her poorly parked car (it had crossed the line) and complained about the council giving her a fine. She was very nasty about the parking inspector and said she would be complaining. She was clearly in the wrong... Her "friends" totally ripped into her... It was pretty amusing, she shamed herself!

Clearly some people have no concept that they could be wrong as demonstrated.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is the kind of parking I hate. I'm on the right. These parks are quite narrow. I came out from night shift to find this. I had to climb across from the passenger side as I couldn't open my door properly to get in on the drivers side. This is just an example of laziness and sloppy parking. Very much unappreciated when I've been awake anywhere from 15-24hrs.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1432477939.102766.jpg

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (25-05-2015),Chunkydunks  (25-05-2015),Phony  (25-05-2015)