+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tablet, Innotab 3s or Leappad ultra for birthday

Its my daughters 3rd birthday soon and since she is always on her brothers tablets or my phone I was going to buy her one but only a cheap one like an Ezpad Mofi. She watches youtube on her brothers and plays a few games on it too. I am worried it being a cheap one and not like her brothers it may break easier.

So I though I maybe a leappad or Innotab (the boys have had these at her age) as they are built for kids. But she can't watch youtube on it or download games that her brothers play on it. And the other games you get on it are expensive where on the tablet there is lots of free apps she can get.

Which way would you go? I need someone to tell me as I just don't know which way to go. HELP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I personally wouldn't go for the leap pad. They have a short shelf life (she won't use it beyond 5 or 6) and limited in what you can do with them. I would go with a cheap tablet. I would go with something like a pendo pad. They are pretty cheap and decent for the price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS 2 1/2 has a leap pad and loves it , the games aren't to expensive if you download them on line and don't buy them in store , also the things he has put that thing trough and it's still working amazes me lol I like it better then the others because nearly all games or videos on it are educational :-) good luck choosing 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would go a tablet, just a cheap one to see if she can look after it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouls also go a cheap tablet. Much more versatile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would get a tablet that you can get a hard case for (life proof/survivor/ottoxbox)

It will last some much longer and if it gets dropped or sat on etc.. it's protected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my 4yo a second hand iPad for his birthday. $150.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my DS an innotab when he was 3 and he does still use it sometimes, but it is a bit rubbish, I was a bit annoyed that the only games you can put on it you have to buy from them. My DS(6) and DD(3) both tend to use my iPad, mainly for YouTube and reading eggs. I would go a tablet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS 7 got a leap pad 1 way back when they were 'new '. He uses it most days but we have no ipad, no tablet and my phone is probably older than the leap pad so not worth playing on as no memory. My sister has wanted to get him an isomething for years and I've only just agreed. In my house I would go leap pad at that age, in hers she would go an isomething or tablet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my ds1 got an Ipod for his 3rd birthday 2 years later and its still going strong, we've just upgraded to an Ipad mini as Ive found alot of the newer things arent on older ipod but the old ipod will now go down to his brother once his brother is old enough to use these things.