+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Want to mix feed but he wont take formula from me

Im trying to keep the same routine at home as 10 1/2 month old ds has on daycare days - breastfeed first thing in the morning & last thing at night then formula throughout the day.

But im struggling to get him to take formula from me, regardless of how hungry he is. Two days a week its just me & ds, no-one else is here to give it to him.

I dont want to pump at work & last week when dh was home i was able to get away with just hand expressing for comfort. Now that dh isnt home & ds wont take the bottles im having to breastfeed him & im worried about it mucking up my supply.

He wont drink my ebm after its been frozen & the best thing for my family is to mix feed.

Once he took formula from me, but now he just refuses, regardless of how hungry he is (& i dont like withholding feeds anyway, its not fair).

Any tips on how i can get him to take formula from me, preferably without entire days of screaming?
    Last edited by heartstringz; 22-05-2015 at 10:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You may have tried this and I've no idea if it would work.. Is there somewhere such as the pram or high chair where you could sit him to offer a bottle, if he's close to you he may be expecting a breastfeed. Anythings worth a try. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will try it