+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ways to earn money as a SAHM

So Hubby and I are struggling financially. He has a great job and it pays the bills... JUST. he gets paid fortnightly and by the end of the two weeks, we are down to practically nothing and I can't leave the house basically. We have a few things to do to our house, and we have a 15 month old, with the hopes of more to come soon.
    I have a music degree and teach piano and flute from home, but can't afford to take on anymore students at the moment as I am having trouble with childcare options (currently my mum looks after bub for 2 hours on a wednesday) - as well as I haven't had anyone looking for lessons which doesn't help. I also sell Lactation cookies in a dry mix which is turning into more of a chore than a business.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here has any ripper ideas on how to ear some extra income whilst being at home with the kids? I've considered being a consultant for companies like Le Reve (candles, aromatherapy etc), whilst I LOVE their products, the thought of party based work is intimidating. I have a few friends who do these and they struggle to get business.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! I also have administration experience but there are no jobs around that suit my very limited part time availability (I'd probably be able to go back to part time work for no longer than 12 hours a week, but am planning on being pregnant again soon so this would be pretty pointless - also I can't afford child care.

Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

Does your hubby have a 9-5 job? Does he work nights or weekends? Have you looked for part time work that fits around his work? Therefore eliminating /reducing the need for childcare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    he works from 7-7 and he commutes 3 hours a day so the days are definitely out. weekend work for me is so hard to find, and I don't particularly want it as that's the only time I an see my husband. same with weeknights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister is a Lorraine Lea Linen consultant and makes very good money from her parties. When she told me she was starting it I laughed because she didnt seem like the 'party planner type' to me. Since, she's recruited other girls also (in which my sister then gets a commission from) and won monetary prizes for party sales.

She also became a certified nail tech and does nails 4 days/week from her home. She was doing this while pregnant and continued after my niece was born. Some days she has niece in childcare, other day my niece (now almost 2) just potters around while my sister has clients.