+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bubs not moving much?

Hi ladies, I'm 34weeks tomorrow and wondering if anyone else has had reduced movement? Bub has always been really active but then has a couple of lazy days, I've been to midwife and he was asleep for over half her then active again but since the egg scan 2 days ago I haven't had much movement, the midwife is a tad concerned and wants me to keep an eye on him, I lost 2 babies first trimester last year and now I'm freaking out I'll loose this one. I live out rural so can't keep having it checked any advice or help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I'd suggest you start actively counting movements (Lots of good pregnancy apps can help with this) so that you can get a clearer sense of movements.

Set aside some time every hour or two to sit quietly, have a cold drink and check.

And definitely report this to your midwife.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would suggest a growth scan to make sure bubs is still growing, I had this with my first. Then lie down and drink a cold fizzy drink like lemonade, then as the previous posts suggested use an app to track kicks. Have you noticed that you doing particular things gets bubs moving? For me it was vacuuming! Must have been the noise. Definitely chat your midwife though. Good luck! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    I'd suggest you start actively counting movements (Lots of good pregnancy apps can help with this) so that you can get a clearer sense of movements.

Set aside some time every hour or two to sit quietly, have a cold drink and check.

And definitely report this to your midwife.
    I am doing that as of this morning, it's just frustrating everything was fine 3 days ago, this pregnancy has been on thing after another but movements were always fine, I just want him out now so at least my body can't fail him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    I would suggest a growth scan to make sure bubs is still growing, I had this with my first. Then lie down and drink a cold fizzy drink like lemonade, then as the previous posts suggested use an app to track kicks. Have you noticed that you doing particular things gets bubs moving? For me it was vacuuming! Must have been the noise. Definitely chat your midwife though. Good luck! X
    Will ask about the growth scan and see what she says, I've noticed all the things we were doing to get him moving aren't really working, my partner and I have been trying so many different things, I'll get slight movement every now and then but that's it! My morning sickness has also returned and I have back pain I didn't have before but midwife wasn't worried about those things combined

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    Will ask about the growth scan and see what she says, I've noticed all the things we were doing to get him moving aren't really working, my partner and I have been trying so many different things, I'll get slight movement every now and then but that's it! My morning sickness has also returned and I have back pain I didn't have before but midwife wasn't worried about those things combined

Thanks
    Reviews
    As bubs grows bigger and runs out of room their movements are less noticeable - more rolling fluid movements than kicks or jabs so you really have to concentrate to feel them sometimes.

A cold sweet drink should hopefully get them wriggling a bit, but if you have more back pain it could also be bubs position being further back preventing you from feeling them as much too.

A scan for peace of mind is a good idea but in the meantime a kick counting app might help put your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope everything is OK and that bub is moving as normal again!

Have you done your movement count yet? How did you go? As soon as you've done it I'd be talking to your midwife and arranging a check up ASAP. I don't mean to alarm you but when my bub's movements were dramatically reduced at 37 weeks, my OB was on to it straight away and bub came out the next day.

Bub's position can play a part in not feeling the movements as much but if it's a really big change then you are right to do something about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I downloaded the kick counter and will sit down for a couple of hrs with it today, he's wriggling around a bit at the moment so hopefully it's just he's getting bigger and his sleep patterns have changed! Will definitely take it to the midwife as soon as I've done it, there's not a lot they can do in my hometown as its a small little rural place but I'm driving into the city today so if he Stops moving or I'm not happy with his movements I'll go to the hospital there! Thanks for the advice ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Great that he's wriggling more today. Good luck!