+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC After miscarriage

Hi,

Just thought I would start a support thread for those TTC again after miscarriage.

Somewhere to talk to others who have been through this or going through this. To share all your feelings and concerns.

So we just MC'D after 6 weeks on Monday.
    After speaking to my doctor yesterday he said there is no need to wait and if my body is ready we will fall again quickly. He also did say after MC your at your most fertile for the next 6 mths because they body got to do a full cleanse.

Now I'm happy to admit we are upset about what happened and I'm scared it will happen again but we are going to (once the belle ding stops) get right back on that bike and try agin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @JET09, I'm sorry for your loss

I had a mmc in April/start of May...It took a long time to finally be over! I had to take cytotec, so we can't start TTC for a month after, as it stays in your system for around a month and can cause issues. So we can start to TTC after around the first week of June... But that depends on when AF returns :/

I have had a mmc before DS, we fell within 4 months of the mc with him, which was only 2 cycles of trying. So I'm hoping it's as quick and easy this time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Frankenmum

Sorry to hear about your loss also.

I guess everyone will have a different experience with this. We are hoping that my HCG levels have dropped enough to to start in the next few weeks (using via app apparently ovulation should be like next week ) so hoping for a quick conception.

Honestly just scared it will happen again :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    You've actually reminded me that I was supposed to get another HCG test this week! I'd better do it tomorrow.

I don't think the fear of it ever goes away. But for me it was actually a lot easier to deal with the 2nd time, as I knew there was a risk of it happening, so was prepared, in a way. Whereas the first time I was so naive - I thought 'you get pregnant, you have a baby, simple!' - so it was a devastating shock when we were told. It took a long time to deal with. This time around I didn't let myself get excited, and knew there was the risk, so it wasn't such a shock, although it was heartbreaking of course. But it made it easier to deal with.

Fingers crossed for both of us that the ttc journey is short and we have long boring pregnancies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    I'm sorry for your losses
    We were TTC for 3 years before I finally fell pregnant in September last year. Unfortunately I lost bub a few weeks later. We have been trying since then but no luck. 2 weeks ago was my due date, and I was just so devastated that I'm still not pregnant. I really thought I would be by the due date.
    We did a round of ivf 2 months ago which failed, now I'm waiting to start my period next week and start again. Fingers crossed that we have better luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @Just*Ace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hun. So sorry to hear about your loss... That's just dreadful. Massive hugs babe.

Hopefully the next round is super Stickey for you xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    You've actually reminded me that I was supposed to get another HCG test this week! I'd better do it tomorrow.

I don't think the fear of it ever goes away. But for me it was actually a lot easier to deal with the 2nd time, as I knew there was a risk of it happening, so was prepared, in a way. Whereas the first time I was so naive - I thought 'you get pregnant, you have a baby, simple!' - so it was a devastating shock when we were told. It took a long time to deal with. This time around I didn't let myself get excited, and knew there was the risk, so it wasn't such a shock, although it was heartbreaking of course. But it made it easier to deal with.

Fingers crossed for both of us that the ttc journey is short and we have long boring pregnancies!!
    Lol glad I can remind you lol.

Yea I didn't realise it was so common and honestly I don't know anyone who had had this...until now. I was the same so excited we got the BFP so quickly and was like Yep so I'm knocked up and just bake this for like 8 more months and it will be good. I even skipped the part in the books about miscarriage.... This was out first time trying and my first pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone. So sorry for your losses. We are ttc no. 2 and have been for 3 years. After the first 11 months trying we were ecstatic to get a bfp back in june 2013. Unfortunatly we lost our little baby at 21 weeks. Since then I've had 2 early misscarriage first in feb 2014 and the last just before xmas. Its been a nightmare. We are actively trying for the next 6 months before taking the next step. I was feeling really positive about this month but I just did a hpt today and got a bfn I just want to cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    Hi everyone. So sorry for your losses. We are ttc no. 2 and have been for 3 years. After the first 11 months trying we were ecstatic to get a bfp back in june 2013. Unfortunatly we lost our little baby at 21 weeks. Since then I've had 2 early misscarriage first in feb 2014 and the last just before xmas. Its been a nightmare. We are actively trying for the next 6 months before taking the next step. I was feeling really positive about this month but I just did a hpt today and got a bfn I just want to cry.
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your darling son, and your other angel babies Sending you hugs today, BFN's are always such a bitter dissapointment. I hope the next few weeks of this cycle fly by for you & next month is your BFP.

AFM - I have finally got AF back today, I've never been so happy to see her! DH & I have decided that we're both feeling ready to try again. I'm excited, but also filled with dread and anxiety.... Such an odd mix of feelings.

How is everyone else going?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

melimum  (27-05-2015)