+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bulk bill ivf Brisbane???

Hi just wondering if anyone has gone through Bulk bill ivf in Brisbane and how they found it ??

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lionheart334
    I went through The Fertility Centre in Spingwood. They use the Medicare safety net to bring costs down, but there are out of pocket charges along the way as well.
    I found it really good - all out questions were answered, the staff were lovely and caring. The procedures were great as well. I think one of the things that puts people off is that you aren't put under anesthetic for the collection of eggs - they give you Valium and you get to use gas & air but otherwise you're awake. I had my doubts about that bit too - but it was super easy and for me a quick and painless procedure.
    I was amazingly lucky and only had one round through them - I'm due to be induced with our first baby next week 😊
    I would highly recommend them to anyone. Good luck on your journey!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

lionheart 334  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jaybu!
    Congrats on your exciting baby news!!
    Thanks for the info, can I ask how much you paid out of pocket for your cycle and also who was your fs?
    I am looking into life fertility in the city as it's closer for me but prepared to go to Springwood if I have to but life fertility also does bulk bill.

Also that does not bother me the no anaesthetic for egg collection aslong as there is some type of relief and not commando style then that's fine ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh also were u allowed to do fresh transfer or just frozen? I think with bulk bill at life there is only frozen transfers

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did fresh transfer first and then the option is there to freeze if enough is collected. I only collected one egg/transferred one so none frozen for me - the service was definitely offered though.
    I'm trying to remember the out of pocket amount! All up it would have been around $2000 I think, but paid at different times throughout the procedure. There is an initial consultation fee, and then an amount to get started.. And then another lump sum at the end.. Oh and I paid for the 7 week scan as well. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact amounts!
    If you aren't successful on the first cycle the costs do become less to continue and do another cycle - but we didn't end up needing that.
    The FS you see ends up just being whoever they have scheduled on the day of your appointment - majority of the appointments are done with the nurses (scans & blood tests) and the the FS is there for initial consult, collection, implanting and one final follow up. I had a different FS for my collection/implantation to who I saw for my initial assessment & final. I didn't find a problem with this at all to be honest - the nurses really know what they are doing and will always consult with the doctors on your behalf if needs be.
    One other thing to consider is that there are usually long waiting lists for these types of clinics - we had our first appointment with them in June and cycled in August/September but our initial enquiry was way earlier in February.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

lionheart 334  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the info Jaybu! Will contact Springwood

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheart 334 For This Useful Post:

monkeymama  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No problem! Good luck 😊👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone heard of these guys? http://www.bulkbillivf.com.au/home.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bub077 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub077 View Post
    Has anyone heard of these guys? http://www.bulkbillivf.com.au/home.html
    I emailed them asking about ovulation induction but never heard back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I emailed them asking about ovulation induction but never heard back.
    Hmm that's not a good start!!