+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default WWYD.. Tenant question

We are evicting our tenants. (They are being VERY difficult). Sending me texts. Asking me if my husband found work etc. it's becoming as if they are stalking me. When we first tenanted our house they had TWO dogs and one cat. We inspected last week and now they have three dogs and three cats 😳😳 I said yes to animals etc but the dogs is against the council reg. i didn't see a registration tag on the new dog. There lease isn't up until July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Are you going through an agent or are you renting it privately?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So you are wanting to evict them or you are already in the process and they are getting creepy with you? Unless you stipulated on the lease how many pets they can have, I suspect you will struggle to be able to evict on that basis given you said yes to pets. The dog you didn't see with a tag may still have been regoed (our dog was and we never got a tag from the council) and even if it isn't, I doubt that is a justifiable reason either.

Are you wanting them to move out so you can move in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Are you going through an agent or are you renting it privately?
    Private.

I've given paper work already, this is last time I go private. My mil told me it was waist of fees 😳 eerrrr no!!!! I'm just not renewing the lease @delirium we will have fix few things up and prob sell unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So you aren't trying to get them out early, you are just giving them notice in advance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeh you will just have to ride it out until their end of lease as trying to get them out because of an extra dog might be more hassle than waiting the extra time - you do not have to answer personal questions as its none of their business so just stay firm with we need you out by end of lease so we can sell - and yes it's not worth the stress and drama renting privately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would probably just wait until the lease expires. I'm not a RE agent so I'm unsure if what you've listed is enough to end the lease early (is that what you are asking?) but I would think not. EM might be able to help there.

As to going private, I think it sucks on both sides. As a tenant, I've found LL's that are really possessive and nosy tend to go private (totally not saying that's you). In short the LL's from hell often go private bc they can flex their muscles more. And as a LL you are stuck doing the dirty work if you get a crappy tenant and being called when stuff needs fixing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default WWYD.. Tenant question

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    And as a LL you are stuck doing the dirty work if you get a crappy tenant and being called when stuff needs fixing.
    I wish! We rent privately and I just did all the plaster and painting of a bedroom after it got water damaged.

It was water damaged when we moved in, they said they would fix it once the wall is dry. 3 months later they finally decided they would leave it as is 😒
    Not impressed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
    So you aren't trying to get them out early, you are just giving them notice in advance?
    Yeah we gave them notice early because they had animals. (I know it's hard to rent as I have a dog too and we rented before we wanted to get back into our place!) and she was still being PITA. (We won't be able find a house, we want to have. Baby etc).

I'll def be going through recommended agent next time. And we will ride it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I remember your other thread about these tenants, and this explains why they were being so difficult! They're going to find it very hard to find a rental that will allow 3 dogs & 3 cats! But that is their issue, not yours. They should have exercised more forethought before getting more animals as unfortunately rentals are never a sure thing. That's why DH & I waited until we bought before getting pets. I saw how hard it was for my mum to get rentals when we had pets, and how many times we ended up having to move due to owners selling or wanting to move back in. Their decisions are not your responsibility to deal with.

You've given them enough notice & they shouldn't be asking you personal questions!