+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Playing sport after MC

So we just had a miscarriage on Monday and I'm suppose to play hockey this weekend. Now I'm trying to keep things normal after what's happened.

I'm just wondering if it's ok to go back to normal activity ( I didn't stop playing when I found out just started playing a safer position )

Has anyone else done this? Returned to normal full on sport ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Jet, I'm really sorry for your loss. Did your doctor mention to you what you can/can't do? When I had a m/c I was advised not to get back into running straight away but I ended up with a D&C. Hopefully someone will be able to help but I'd follow what your doctor recommends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rockey27 no he didn't say much other then it should be easier to fall next round then what it was this time cause your more fertile after MC.

Dr Google isn't helping on this one either .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a miscarriage in 2013 and was told to take it easy for a couple of weeks (gentle exercise was OK, i.e. walking, but running, gym classes, etc just to take some time). I was bleeding for a couple of weeks and had cramping as well so I really didn't feel like doing the really physical stuff anyway.

It's good and I understand why you want to try and keep things as normal as possible but it's also healthy to allow yourself time to grieve too. I tried to keep things normal for quite a while but was surprised how much it hit me when I did finally allow myself to grieve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cat74

I'm going to play this weekend but I won't go the whole hog like normal. I spoke to a friends mum who has been through it and now cause I inly have bleeding no pain she said I should be ok considering I was playing while pregnant and running while pregnant.

Also after talking to DH we have decided to ask work for another week off (annual leave)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @JET09, do take all the time you need off work. I really regret rushing back to work. I only took one week then went back and it was just too soon for me. I ended up pushing through but then took some time off further down the track - I kind of had an emotional breakdown, which is why I wished I taken more time earlier. The emotion of it all really did hit me very suddenly when I actually thought that I was doing OK.

But on a more positive note, I was pregnant again four months after the MC and now have an absolutely beautiful baby boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    @JET09, do take all the time you need off work. I really regret rushing back to work. I only took one week then went back and it was just too soon for me. I ended up pushing through but then took some time off further down the track - I kind of had an emotional breakdown, which is why I wished I taken more time earlier. The emotion of it all really did hit me very suddenly when I actually thought that I was doing OK.

But on a more positive note, I was pregnant again four months after the MC and now have an absolutely beautiful baby boy.
    Congrats babe on you baby boy.

Spoke to our boss today and I'm off for next week and he said I can just do a few days the week after if I want they are being pretty good about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a natural mc at 6 weeks in feb. Started bleeding on the Sunday, heaviest bleed on Wednesday. I played tennis that Saturday but it is a fairly gentle sport compared to hockey. I took three weeks off before I returned to the netball court as that's a lot more aggressive and body contact.

Hope you coping okay xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    I had a natural mc at 6 weeks in feb. Started bleeding on the Sunday, heaviest bleed on Wednesday. I played tennis that Saturday but it is a fairly gentle sport compared to hockey. I took three weeks off before I returned to the netball court as that's a lot more aggressive and body contact.

Hope you coping okay xx
    Thanks lolz83

I have checked with the nurse and because it was a pre and during pregnancy thing I'm allowed to play. Just not allowed to be stupid about it.

They are more concerned in instances like this of the person who had miscarried harming themselves or pushing too far apparently. So I guess I'll take it easy and kick *** this weekend lol