+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who can read a CTG?

Just had another CTG done. It seemed to differ a heap to any others I've had done in the last few days. The nurse said baby looks happy but the line looks really flat to me.

Does anyone know if this is normal? On my others bub was jumping all over the place & they said that's what they like to see.

Also sorry for the dodgy photo, they had the monitor turned away from me so all I could see is the paper read out that came out as it was printing.

I'm probably being paranoid but after it looking so different to my other ones & feeling a bit off this morning I was just a bit worried.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1432085112.485145.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Just had another CTG done. It seemed to differ a heap to any others I've had done in the last few days. The nurse said baby looks happy but the line looks really flat to me.

Does anyone know if this is normal? On my others bub was jumping all over the place & they said that's what they like to see.

Also sorry for the dodgy photo, they had the monitor turned away from me so all I could see is the paper read out that came out as it was printing.

I'm probably being paranoid but after it looking so different to my other ones & feeling a bit off this morning I was just a bit worried.

Attachment 70195

Hey Rocky, there's not much reactivity (huge movements) but it does have variability (oxygenated baby) although reduced by the look of it, hard to tell without looking closely. All the anti hypertensive drugs you are on can cause a flat line too. Baby could also be asleep. They should keep it on until it picks up a little bit. How have your BP's been?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (20-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I'm probably just being over worried. All my other ones have been hugely different & I haven't been feeling much movements either. They kept it on for about 45 mins this morning but it didn't change much & pretty much stayed in that straight line. In total they've got me taking 18 blood pressure tablets a day. My BP has been all over the place but had dropped really low this morning so at least it has come down & isn't still high I guess.

My other ones have all looked like this, which is why I was a little worried with that one but I didn't think about bub being asleep

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1432087074.845199.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I'm probably just being over worried. All my other ones have been hugely different & I haven't been feeling much movements either. They kept it on for about 45 mins this morning but it didn't change much & pretty much stayed in that straight line. In total they've got me taking 18 blood pressure tablets a day. My BP has been all over the place but had dropped really low this morning so at least it has come down & isn't still high I guess.

My other ones have all looked like this, which is why I was a little worried with that one but I didn't think about bub being asleep

Attachment 70197
    Hopefully your BP starts to stabilise The CTG above is a perfect trace and definitely what we like to see but anti hypertensive drugs, especially labetelol, will cause the straight line. Or a sleeping baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much 3 bubby's, I really appreciate it I had no idea that the medications could cause it too. The nurse yesterday said they would be concerned if it were just a straight line, which is what I got today. But the nurse today didn't really tell me anything about it when I asked, so now I just got worried & confused. I wish I had the one from yesterday on, she was great with info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much 3 bubby's, I really appreciate it I had no idea that the medications could cause it too. The nurse yesterday said they would be concerned if it were just a straight line, which is what I got today. But the nurse today didn't really tell me anything about it when I asked, so now I just got worried & confused. I wish I had the one from yesterday on, she was great with info
    No worries I hope you're able to go home soon. Please feel free to ask anymore questions, I think about you often. Hope Bub stays put for a bit longer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (20-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww thank you so much again, you're so lovely! I'm hoping they let me go home soon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (20-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reduced variability