+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck @Soon2be4! Maybe you could try involving her in the things that make you busy with Bub? She may like the responsibility, even if it is only something small. It means that she is getting attention and being involved. Just a thought.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Wow she sounds gifted! My ds is 16 months and not doing most of that stuff yet.

I think more stimulation could help...a new park/playground, playcentre. If you can afford it maybe see if there is an occasional care near you? My ds just started at one and like your dd he is very sociable. He loves it so far!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I have to be honest, I think a lot of people might poo poo my discipline techniques, because I don't really have any. I don't hit, or use time outs, or send to bedroom. Becuase she was so very clever, I found even at that age she could understand when I would sit her down and talk to her like an adult. I would explain why what she was doing was a bad idea, and give her alternatives. Like, "Mikayla, climbing the couch like that is really dangerous honey, you could fall and hurt yourself and that would make mummy really sad. Maybe we could go outside and play on the swings or trampoline instead?" That sort of thing. Rather than just constant "GET DOWN" "GET DOWN NOW OR YOU"LL HAVE TO GO TO THE NAUGHTY CORNER" sort of thing. That sort of discipline would have never ever worked for her. In fact it still doesn't.
    I do this too. Except much simpler language, fewer words for my ds. I've read at this age they are really to young to stop what they are doing just because you tell them to stop. They don't have the impulse control.

I'm currently reading Toddler Tactics by Pinky McKay and ToddlerCalm by Sarah Ockwell-Smith which i have found very useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I do this too. Except much simpler language, fewer words for my ds. I've read at this age they are really to young to stop what they are doing just because you tell them to stop. They don't have the impulse control.

I'm currently reading Toddler Tactics by Pinky McKay and ToddlerCalm by Sarah Ockwell-Smith which i have found very useful.
    Hmm I may have to have a read of one of these. She is pretty good if redirected to something else and she often will stop if I say stop ie at the side of the road or reach up to hold my hand if we are crossing the road etc.

Tonight she wanted an apple after dinner and pointed to the fruit bowl there were apples, pears and bananas in there I said do you want some fruit she nodded I said do you want a pear she stared at me so I said do you want a banana she stared and then shook her head no. She then made the figure of a circle with her finger and I said do you want an apple and she said yes. Like wow mind blown!