+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mumma of 2 little ones

My DD2 is 5 weeks old and I feel like im struggling with so much at the moment. Im generally a really organised person and that has gone completely out the window. I guess im still adjusting to having my two little ones under 2. Also with not having enough sleep I get very emotional.. How will I ever get anything done.. Is there anyone out there willing to chat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hiya also have 2 littlies both girls too! I have a 3.5 month old and a 17 month old., honestly the first few months have been a blur of coffee, foggy eyes, tears (mine a lot) lol but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.. One day you wake up and say hmm I might try and get out today and you do and it goes fine! I plan small outings rather than trying to get everything at once and if things are going smooth while I'm out I take that and go home rather than pushing my luck! Lol do you have a good partner to help out? I get VERRY sooky when I'm tired too. Make sure you nap every day (I'm still doing this maybe once a week) and don't worry about the housework also don't try do any housework after 4pm that our rule lol. How is your oldest one coping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mumma of 2 little ones

Quote Originally Posted by rubytuesday24 View Post
    My DD2 is 5 weeks old and I feel like im struggling with so much at the moment. Im generally a really organised person and that has gone completely out the window. I guess im still adjusting to having my two little ones under 2. Also with not having enough sleep I get very emotional.. How will I ever get anything done.. Is there anyone out there willing to chat?
    Hugs. I've been there too! It does improve once the three of you get into a routine of your own. I found it settled by the time dd2 was 7-8wks old and then much easier after she was 3mths old.

In those first few months I used to while dh was still home before leaving for work, quickly shove something in the slow cooker for dinner. Then I'd pack some snacks and take both kids for a long walk or walk to a playdate/park/library time/playgroup etc. Toddler could play and I could nurse the baby in peace. We would have morning tea there. Then walk back via the shops if I needed something. The home for lunch (usually something easy) and naps for all of us. Then I'd take the girls outside to play in the back yard whilst I hung out laundry and my cloth nappies. Afternoon tea was outside too. Then another walk in the afternoon if we didn't walk enough during the day. Then home for dinner and baths. Once dh came home, I'd give him both kids and have 20-30min to myself where I'd usually shower or use the loo in blessed peace. Then it was bedtime for the kids and I'd sleep soon after.

Once your baby has a more predicable pattern with sleeps it's easier to plan outings. I walked everywhere as my baby kinda hated the car and would just scream. She settled after a bit. Also meant if she fell asleep in the pram I just left her in there.

It was dhs job to do the housework in those first few months. He was useless at night feeds so he did any cleaning or food prepping at night. He cooked 2-3 times a week too. We did lots of batch cooking on weekends.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 19-05-2015 at 20:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww gosh I really hope so.. I feel like im getting no where at the moment and chasing my tail.
    DD1 has been waking SUPER early.. anywhere from 445am-530ish.. she goes to bed at 730pm.. any ideas on how to get her to sleep in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you think she might be cold? I set the timer on our heater for early morning for my DD1. Although she has been waking the past few nights for the first time in a long time so I'm not much help. She's not coping with her Dad being away all the time. You know what helps too? Chocolate lol I never used to eat it before I had 2 kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hugs xx so rough in the early days adjusting from one to two! My 2 boys are 16 months apart, and I found the first few months so rough! My DS2 was a terrible sleeper and very refluxy so we were both very sleep deprived for the first year of his life which didn't make things any easier.

Just remember it won't be like that forever. Take it easy on yourself though-if all the house work isn't getting done, it isn't the end of the world.

The slow cooker was my best friend for getting some form of dinner on as you can chuck it all together in the morning and by the evening you have something yummy to eat. So easy!

Just take it one day at a time until you get yourself into a bit of a routine with the 2 kids. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Aww gosh I really hope so.. I feel like im getting no where at the moment and chasing my tail.
    DD1 has been waking SUPER early.. anywhere from 445am-530ish.. she goes to bed at 730pm.. any ideas on how to get her to sleep in!!
    How old is your dd1?
    Does she have a day nap, if so what time and for how long?
    What is dd1's bedtime routine? Does she fall asleep with an aid? (Rocking/patting/feeding etc).
    What temperature is it in dd1's bedroom at bedtime and at 4:45am? What bedding (including clothes) is dd1 in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How old is your dd1?
    Does she have a day nap, if so what time and for how long?
    What is dd1's bedtime routine? Does she fall asleep with an aid? (Rocking/patting/feeding etc).
    What temperature is it in dd1's bedroom at bedtime and at 4:45am? What bedding (including clothes) is dd1 in?
    DD1 is 20 months and has 1 day sleep around 1130am. She sleeps roughly for an hour.
    Her bedtime routine is having her bottle, getting into sleeping bag and put into her cot where she puts herself to sleep.
    She has sheets, blanket and dooner cover.
    Our central heating for the whole house is on 22° overnight.
    She sleeps in winter pyjamas or onesie.
    Any ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    DD1 is 20 months and has 1 day sleep around 1130am. She sleeps roughly for an hour.
    Her bedtime routine is having her bottle, getting into sleeping bag and put into her cot where she puts herself to sleep.
    She has sheets, blanket and dooner cover.
    Our central heating for the whole house is on 22° overnight.
    She sleeps in winter pyjamas or onesie.
    Any ideas??
    My first recommendation would be to get a thermometer or gro-egg to measure the temp in bubs room. If the central hearing thermostat is in the living area of your house (like mine) the temp in bubs room can vary significantly. Once you have the temp in bubs room it's easier to see if bedding is appropriate.

What tog is the sleeping bag? What material is the bag/sheets/blankets/doona? Cotton/bamboo materials are more breathable - other fabrics can cause bub to sweat ... And then get cold.

Perhaps have the bottle earlier: having at least 20 minutes active play after a milk feed can help bub not rely on her bottle as a sleep aid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The last couple of days DD1 has been waking around 4-5am asking for a bottle. Is this going backwards in her routine/development by reintroducing a "night/early morning" bottle?