+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just checked with admin and they said whatever the seller wants to do is fine by them

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    that's ridiculous. If they stand you up without messaging you it should be you can offer it straight away if you wish. I swear some admins on the FB groups have the power go to their heads
    I am a part of a handmade BSS page that was really big, but gee those admins really had big heads. About a month ago they put a post up that said if you read this post, like and comment and you will stay in the group. You had until the next morning to do so. I saw it by chance, but we all know how FB works with choosing what it does and doesn't show- hundreds of members were deleted! That caused a bit of hysteria.
    They also have really strict rules about what and how to post and would harp on about them at every opportunity but then one admin in particular would randomly post pictures of game of thrones characters.. In clear contradiction of rules she has just spent days barking at everyone for breaking.
    I only remain a member because of the tiny chance of getting some beautiful handmade stuff for dd. (I never do, it always sells so quickly!)

Anyway, I digress! Op, I would definitely wait until the morning before offering to NIL. It annoys me how BSS pages can be a bit vague with pleasantries and rules, so at least make sure you give the buyer a fair chance

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does depend on page rules. In this case though, if they'd made a specific time and didn't show up or contact you, I wouldn't hold it for them at all.
    I've sold a lot of stuff on Gumtree over the years, and as far as I'm concerned, I owe nothing to a no-show. If the item is hard to find a buyer for though, or an expensive item and I really wanted the money, then I would potentially consider re-organising purely out of self interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I am a part of a handmade BSS page that was really big, but gee those admins really had big heads. About a month ago they put a post up that said if you read this post, like and comment and you will stay in the group. You had until the next morning to do so. I saw it by chance, but we all know how FB works with choosing what it does and doesn't show- hundreds of members were deleted! That caused a bit of hysteria.
    They also have really strict rules about what and how to post and would harp on about them at every opportunity but then one admin in particular would randomly post pictures of game of thrones characters.. In clear contradiction of rules she has just spent days barking at everyone for breaking.
    I only remain a member because of the tiny chance of getting some beautiful handmade stuff for dd. (I never do, it always sells so quickly!)
    One of our local groups has rules a mile long. Among them is you can only bump once a week and must make an album for more than 2 things.... but admin would has been in about 5 different party plans over the years and was bumping her posts daily and clogging the wall with her for sale items that weren't in albums. When people commented on the double standards she had a meltdown it was HER group and booted them Needless to say it gets the least traffic.

I also joined a few MCN ones before DS2 was born and wowsers there are so many rules. Among them that you can't sell, or even MENTION china cheapies because they supposedly do WAHM's out of work..... while the page is clogged with brands like Bambooties, pea pods etc that are mass produced and not made by WAHM's

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (20-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most if mine you have to allow 2-3 days for pick up but a no show is fair game.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    One of our local groups has rules a mile long. Among them is you can only bump once a week and must make an album for more than 2 things.... but admin would has been in about 5 different party plans over the years and was bumping her posts daily and clogging the wall with her for sale items that weren't in albums. When people commented on the double standards she had a meltdown it was HER group and booted them Needless to say it gets the least traffic.

I also joined a few MCN ones before DS2 was born and wowsers there are so many rules. Among them that you can't sell, or even MENTION china cheapies because they supposedly do WAHM's out of work..... while the page is clogged with brands like Bambooties, pea pods etc that are mass produced and not made by WAHM's
    Off-topic slightly, but in regards to crazy rules- one of my local ones will only accept you if you send the admin your home address and phone number so you can *prove* you're a local! Needless to say, I'm NOT a part of that group!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sms89 View Post
    Off-topic slightly, but in regards to crazy rules- one of my local ones will only accept you if you send the admin your home address and phone number so you can *prove* you're a local! Needless to say, I'm NOT a part of that group!
    they wouldn't be getting my address either. The hide of them.

I must have been so lucky with bss pages, people always message and show up. I would be so frustrated with no shows and stuff arounds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gave till this morning then messaged NIL but they didn't respond so listed it again and it sold within a minute. Hopefully these people show up.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (20-05-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (20-05-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Gave till this morning then messaged NIL but they didn't respond so listed it again and it sold within a minute. Hopefully these people show up.
    Did you write "no time wasters"?

A lot of people write that on their listings around here but I can't imagine it has much effect- like someone who was going to say they would take it reads that and suddenly changes their mind?

GL- I hope they show!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ugh no shows are the bane of my life!!! I've made quite a bit of money on BSS pages but the rudeness and thoughtlessness of people really grates. If I buy something and state a time to collect I'm there at that time! If I can't get there (my kids sick/ran out of phone credit/car broke down/grandma died) I send a message!!!! Not that hard!!!!

Oh by the way those aren't my excuses just some of the many I've had to put up with 😳

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (20-05-2015)