+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help with nappy rash

Bub 15mth old.

Has had diahhorea on & off since Saturday but is eating And drinking well, so he isn't dehydrated.

He now has excruciatingly bad nappy rash, its almost causing sores now.

Would you take him to the Dr for the diahhorea? Is so green and stinky- I thought it was teeth but I don't think so now.

I'm using daktozin, baby powder, nappy free time & even putting Cavillon barrier strips to stop moisture fr getting to it.

Any other tips?

3rd bub so I thought I was pretty good by now but it looks horrid and is so painful for him.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help with nappy rash

My son gets this too. Went to the a really good GP and she recommended extra regular nappy changes daktozin and nothing else. If I stick with that it clears up in a few days no issues been a God send. Powder and other things seem to make it worse and don't provide a barrier for healing and to stop further burning with wee and poo when my GP explained this I was like of course what was I thinking lol. The first thing you do as a mother is try all remedies thinking I got this.. Not lol. He is my second child and teething diarrheoa gave him this recurring excruciating nappy rash and he is only 9.5months with 2 teeth so I'm sure I've got a lot more episodes to come. Even sometimes became weeping or bleeding sores which took longer to clear up but still used the same routine. Once it's healed I use a good barrier ointment like bepathen I find good. It's in a white and turquoise box. I also use bepathens antiseptic cream alternatively in combination with the normal bepathen ointment for nappy rash prevention when he doesn't have any. Sometimes it feels like a losing battle but it gets better. If you are concerned you can visit your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally wouldn't put anything except daktozoin ointment or even sudacreme.
    No soaps either, so at bath time I would use qv wash, qv oil.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Novalac diahorrea formula works well. Terry white generally sell it or chemist warehouse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probiotics can help too. Takes the acid out of the poo to help stop the burning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Use corn flour. I used to use that for my DS when he was a baby and he never got nappy rash once we discovered it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Once it gets to the sores/fungal stage, and is acidy, I would use Daktozin and if that doesn't treat it, then I would get some hydrozole but use sparingly.