+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What unusual things interest you?

Quote Originally Posted by onionskin View Post
    I love anything macabre, paranormal, conspiracy theories.
    Ah yes me too with the paranormal and aliens. Also like watching pimple, black/white head popping and abyss, cyst draining videos on YouTube 😳 so satisfying when lots of pus oozes out.

Also piercing, tattoo and body mod videos (even though I'd never do a body mod myself or half the piercings I watch)

And also self haircuts to see if it goes right or wrong 😂
    Last edited by Jensha; 19-05-2015 at 13:26.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

almai  (19-05-2015),onionskin  (19-05-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    thank you degrassi, I will look for that book, it might be even better than the tv program. we have had a member of that family work for us for a short while. and we met his brother from the sunshine coast. interesting family. and it seems one of the nephews of milat has taken a bit of a lead from Ivan, and is heading into a life of crime too. marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Something unusual that I am passionate about is the poor way people with dwarfism are/can be treated so openly. This stems from my close relationship with a little girl with dwarfism almost 10 years ago now, but hearing the jokes made makes my blood boil. I think it is the only thing that has led me to delete someone off Facebook (when they made a joke about someone with dwarfism and seeing all the 'likes' and comments.. How is that still acceptable in this day and age?!). Even main****** media do it. I don't understand it.. No one would tolerate someone with Down's syndrome being ridiculed in such a cruel way. Anyway, I can rant about it for ages yet I feel like everyone else thinks it's no biggie.
    Definitely a biggie to me. I wonder the same as you, have we not evolved enough to stop this discrimination.

I have a friend who's LO has dwarfism, so I get it...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (19-05-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to read all things true crime related and own many crime encyclopedias and serial killer bios. I read the Chopper books and the Frankston murders (Victoria) before I was even a teenager! But, not long after I had my second baby, I sat down to read "The Life Of Myra Hindley" and, for the first time in my life, couldn't get through it. I couldn't bear it, the transcripts in it detailing the audio recordings of the children she murdered.. Absolutely shattered and sickened me. Where I'd previously been able to read about true crime with a sense of detachment, I couldn't take it anymore. Perhaps it was having just had a baby, I'm not sure.
    However, I still do find myself googling my oddball stuff in the wee hours when I can't sleep, I frequently read all about deathrow inmates and their crimes and executions. Strangely I recently read that they are no longer given the right to request a "last meal" and are now given whatever is being served.. I used to look up a website dedicated to the last meals. Makes me a bit sick and sad to think about now.
    Hmmm, I also read real life suicide notes online. I don't know why ugh, very depressing.
    There are some very disturbing things I've looked up on YouTube in the past, but they haunted me for life and I'd never do it again (in relation to death).
    Another page I've recently discovered is dedicated to dead people on facebook. Like, recently deceased and there's a link to their profiles. Feels intrusive and wrong, but yeah, I've looked :/
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 19-05-2015 at 13:48.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an interest in paranormal stuff but it scares the **** out of me haha

And I love watching underground crime/gang movies

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I used to read all things true crime related and own many crime encyclopedias and serial killer bios. I read the Chopper books and the Frankston murders (Victoria) before I was even a teenager! But, not long after I had my second baby, I sat down to read "The Life Of Myra Hindley" and, for the first time in my life, couldn't get through it. I couldn't bear it, the transcripts in it detailing the audio recordings of the children she murdered.. Absolutely shattered and sickened me. Where I'd previously been able to read about true crime with a sense of detachment, I couldn't take it anymore. Perhaps it was having just had a baby, I'm not sure.
    However, I still do find myself googling my oddball stuff in the wee hours when I can't sleep, I frequently read all about deathrow inmates and their crimes and executions. Strangely I recently read that they are no longer given the right to request a "last meal" and are now given whatever is being served.. I used to look up a website dedicated to the last meals. Makes me a bit sick and sad to think about now.
    Hmmm, I also read real life suicide notes online. I don't know why ugh, very depressing.
    There are some very disturbing things I've looked up on YouTube in the past, but they haunted me for life and I'd never do it again (in relation to death).
    Another page I've recently discovered is dedicated to dead people on facebook. Like, recently deceased and there's a link to their profiles. Feels intrusive and wrong, but yeah, I've looked :/
    It's a strange compulsion sometimes, to look things up even though you know they'll disturb you. I used to look at a US website dedicated to trying to identify the bodies of John and Jane Does, sometimes there would be pics

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-05-2015),~Marigold~  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What unusual things interest you?

^^ I went through a phase of doing the same thing. It was astounding to me how many people/remains are never claimed. So sad.
    I've also read plenty of true crime stories and used to listen to heaps of 911 calls.
    As well as Pimple popping videos... Abscesses you name it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crime books. It's the one thing I get from my mums side of the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I met one of his nephews once, he was/is in a bikie gang and told me that he and his family were "so proud of Uncle Ivan"

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    thank you degrassi, I will look for that book, it might be even better than the tv program. we have had a member of that family work for us for a short while. and we met his brother from the sunshine coast. interesting family. and it seems one of the nephews of milat has taken a bit of a lead from Ivan, and is heading into a life of crime too. marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I met one of his nephews once, he was/is in a bikie gang and told me that he and his family were "so proud of Uncle Ivan"
    are you serious.