+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There will be just over 5 years between 1 & 2 and Im happy with that. I've not yearned for another until just before we started trying. I feel like that I've given DS a good chunk of my time/energy/one on one love and he'll be off to school when this one is here.

I've babysat my niece and with having the two of them...... I concluded I wasn't a baby + toddler mum.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (19-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say 2 to three year gap is enough between babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had 19month gap between ds and dd1. And then 26month gap between dd1 and dd2. 19month gap was hard work but I loved it because ds and dd1 are really close and love each other to bits. Plus its easy now with 6week old baby as ds and dd play together really well and love the baby. in fact they are already asking when are we getting a baby brother lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirena89 For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (20-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    There will be just over 5 years between 1 & 2 and Im happy with that. I've not yearned for another until just before we started trying. I feel like that I've given DS a good chunk of my time/energy/one on one love and he'll be off to school when this one is here.

I've babysat my niece and with having the two of them...... I concluded I wasn't a baby + toddler mum.
    This is me. Our DD will also be just over 5 when our 2nd baby arrives and its perfect for us. We have trouble conceiving so it has taken us this long to fall again which is also a factor. I am very pleased with the gap as DD is over the moon and will be such a great helper to me. She was/is my sole focus and has had my undivided attention her whole upbringing so far which I think she is really lucky for having. I know I personally wouldn't have coped as well with a baby and a toddler. I am happy having a 5 year old and a newbie. 5 years is nothing in the scheme of things. I am happy with how it worked out for us 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a ten month age gap with mine. Right now it is hard because ds can't understand no etc (he is one) but dd does most of time (2years old). I love this age gap. If I didn't have a small age gap I would have waited until dd was in primary school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I have 21 months between my first two. I freaked out at first but it's lovely. DS1 was a bit too little to be jealous and just took everything in his stride. It was a bit crazy at first but I imagine that any age gap would be crazy at first.

Now at 3.5 and 20 months they are the best of friends and DS2 does everything his big brother does and probably thinks he is the same age.

We have a little surprise on the way and she will be exactly two years younger than DS2, so I will have three under four. I'm not worried about the age gap at all, more the idea of juggling three!

You also don't need to worry about sharing your love, it simply grows ❤. It's incredible seeing the relationship between siblings develop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm waiting until my baby turns 2 and then deciding if I want to use one of my frozen embryos to have a second. Then I have to bear in mind that I don't know how long it will take to work, so potentially a 3 year gap. I definitely worry about feeling guilty taking some attention away from my DS so hopefully if he's over 3 he will be old enough to understand and enjoy having a sibling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a 3yr gap and it has been great. We were aiming for 2yrs but it didn't work out that way. Most people I know are happy with the gap they have, so I think there are positives for any gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We love the 3-year gap. It gives just the right amount of time and preparation for both the parents and the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's 3 years between DD and DS1. And 17 months between DS1 and DS2.

It was so easy going from one to two with a 3 year gap. DS2 is now 2.5 and really only in the last few months has it become easy having them so close in age. The last 2.5years have been the hardest 2 years of my life.