When to start trying for a second? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When to start trying for a second?

I am so clucky! I'd love another bub, but at the same time I wonder if I can love it as much as I love my first! and what about all the attention she'll be losing I love giving her the attention. Whats a good age gap? and how do you cope with the guilt of taking love away from your first baby? [link removed by Admin]
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 17-05-2015 at 21:48. Reason: Link to blog removed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 3.5 years between my two and its perfect. The eldest was old enough when I was sick and pregnant to understand and get herself snacks etc while I layed on the couch lol and now they are 1 and 4.5 and shes such a great help....really helps and watches out for her little sister. I dont think I would have coped very well with a closer age gap. 2 kuds is hard hard work! I liked the one on one time with each by having them a bit further apart, 3.5 yrs with our first who is now at kindy so I get the one on one time with #2 as well. You do feel guilty at first but when u see the friendship and love between two siblings u realise u have given ur child the best gift ever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 4.5 yrs between my two and I really love the gap. Ds thinks his baby sister is the most precious thing to have ever lived and dd thinks her big brother hung the moon. It is gorgeous the relationship they have. There hasn't been a hint of jealousy and I have been able to have one on one time with each.

I am now pregnant with our 3rd and there will be a 20 month gap between dd and this one. I am anxious about the smaller gap as I love the big gap so much.

Your love will grow, not be replaced. I wouldn't worry about that. Plus, seeing the love between siblings is just so special

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved my 28 month gap.
    This time round I'll have a 15-16 month gap- that will be interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just over two years between my two. I had a daughter first and now have a beautiful boy and they absolutely love each other as soon as he was crawling and now that he's walking they are inseparable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasim2 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is going to have just turned 3 when this one is born. I am pretty happy with that in some ways, such as he is now toilet trained, able to speak really when and understand what's going on. In other ways I am stressing about the terrible 3's and having a newborn as he is starting to get pretty full on lately.
    I think you just make it work whatever ages they will be and have a 2nd when you want not when you think will be best for your other child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 22 mths between 1&2 and am due with #3 in Oct. I will have 5&3yo then.

I'm not happy with a 3yr gap between #2&#3. The attitude is awful. I loved my 22mth gap.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm am loving all these stories about bigger age gaps, we're thinking of having a 3.5-4 year age gap and it's so good that your babies love each other so much :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if there is a perfect age gap and I also think it's hard work no matter how long.

I have 14 months between my 2 and while I totally FREAKED when first pregnant I am so glad it happened that way as my 2 girls were best friends from the get go.

Being pregnant with a baby was fabulous as my eldest wasn't running around - she wasn't even crawling lol and she still slept 2-3 time a day so I did too! Plus when bubs came she still napped twice so I had lots of one on one time with our second. Now we just do everything together we are a little team of 3 and I love it!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (20-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    19 months between 1 & 2, 22 months between 2 & 3, and will be 31 months between 3 & 4

I am happy with all my small gaps and wouldn't change a thing At the same time, I also love the gap's between my 1st and 3rd, and my 2nd and 4th. My 2nd is so so very excited about baby number 4. She'll be 4yrs 5 months when little one is born and she can't wait.