+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Yeah see I think cup holders or iPods are useless and wouldn't pay for them. However someone just pointed me to the CREP website which compares models and it lists only the SNS Meridian and Platinum as allowing rear facing to 2.5 years. Does that sound right? It certainly narrows down the search 😳.

Hmmm the meridian I have only lasted till 17-18m, but my child is large. Maybe they have changed the markers though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Well Maxi Cosi had them too but they have been withdrawn from sale in most of the bigger baby stores because they haven't been certified yet as A4 seats.

What I'm looking for in a car seat is a compact design with A4 markers, isofix compatible, easy adjust harness. This seat does not exist yet. Hoping it will soon. I don't care about cup holders or headphones either.
    Such a shame the car seats in oz are so limited as I love my britax dual fix which has pretty much all the features you would need. Can be rear facing up to 18kg, swivels around the base so you can put baby in sideways, easy adjust harness and isofix. Sadly not legal here as doesn't have tether strap for the top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Hmmm the meridian I have only lasted till 17-18m, but my child is large. Maybe they have changed the markers though.
    They have just released the A4 version which will rf an average 30m old.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Big W and babybunting today. Babybunting doesn't have neon but the kompressor caprice has the same mould as the neon but with a better padding (if i understand correctly). My interpretation for step up model as follow: neon --> trident --> kompressor caprice --> kompressor II caprice. Anyway, we put the kompressor caprice and sns meridian SICT side by side for comparison. While the CREP says the child can be RF until 2.5 yrs old on meridian, the height marker is actually the same as kompressor caprice. So....i don't know why meridian can go RF longer.

It is true that the head rest of the meridian can go higher than the car seat shell while the infa secure can't. But i guess the shell is what protects the child most not the head rest so it is unlikely one wants to keep using it once the child reaches that stage?

Is there a big difference between A3 and A4?

Surprisingly, there is a big price difference between neon and kompress caprice for a better seat padding. Our car doesn't have isofix so no use for us to pay more for it.

Edit: I do like the convenient of being able to adjust the headrest from the front with the meridian. With infa secure, you do have to re-thread it from the back. Check out the shell. The made is quite different between the two.
    Last edited by bbhope; 21-06-2015 at 21:34.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok can someone please explain to me what the A4 markers are that you are all talking about I am so confused 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope did the meridian you were looking at have 3 height markers or only 2.
    Screenshot 2015-06-21 22.19.34.jpg

If only 2 then it wasn't an A4 meridian. If it was an A2 meridian (old stock) then it would have the same markers as Kompressor Caprice because that is an A2 so they would have the same markers. There is no A3 seats only A1, A2 and A4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    We went to Big W and babybunting today. Babybunting doesn't have neon but the kompressor caprice has the same mould as the neon but with a better padding (if i understand correctly). My interpretation for step up model as follow: neon --> trident --> kompressor caprice --> kompressor II caprice. Anyway, we put the kompressor caprice and sns meridian SICT side by side for comparison. While the CREP says the child can be RF until 2.5 yrs old on meridian, the height marker is actually the same as kompressor caprice. So....i don't know why meridian can go RF longer.

It is true that the head rest of the meridian can go higher than the car seat shell while the infa secure can't. But i guess the shell is what protects the child most not the head rest so it is unlikely one wants to keep using it once the child reaches that stage?

Is there a big difference between A3 and A4?

Surprisingly, there is a big price difference between neon and kompress caprice for a better seat padding. Our car doesn't have isofix so no use for us to pay more for it.

Edit: I do like the convenient of being able to adjust the headrest from the front with the meridian. With infa secure, you do have to re-thread it from the back. Check out the shell. The made is quite different between the two.
    The other difference between the neon and kompressor is that the kompressor has a narrower base - makes it easier to get three across and reach between to do up buckles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kiwimum890 A4 markers on a seat allow for extended rear facing because the seat has been tested in rear facing mode above the usual A2 marker line. An A2 seat has a rearfacing seated height of 35cm (measured from bum to shoulder in a seated position) an A4 seat has an additional marker which allows rearfacing to a seated height of 39cm therefore allowing a larger child to continue rearfacing. This has been bought in because of the growing awareness that it is 5 times safer for a child under 4yrs to rearface and our previous seats did not allow for this.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 21-06-2015 at 22:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kompressor II caprice has a newly designed shell that is higher at the back and different wings to the Neon/Kompressor Caprice.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    @kiwimum890 A4 markers on a seat allow for extended rear facing because the seat has been tested in rear facing mode above the usual A2 marker line. An A2 seat has a rearfacing seated height of 35cm (measured from bum to shoulder in a seated position) an A4 seat has an additional marker which allows rearfacing to a seated height of 39cm therefore allowing a larger child to continue rearfacing. This has been bought in because of the growing awareness that it is 5 times safer for a child under 4yrs to rearface and our previous seats did not allow for this.
    Thanks heaps for the clarification I was searing everywhere in the online manuals about A4 but couldn't for the life of me find what it was...
    Thanks again....

So with the issues with the maxi cosi one at this stage the Safe N Sound Meridian might be the best option...