+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pretty sure the neon still comes with the padding. Big w is just giving you a free coloured set with this sale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Car seat what option

This might sound a bit funny but is everyone liking the Neon due to price? Or because of its characteristics?

I had sort of mentally prepared myself for at least spending a few hundred to get the next car seat so I'm a bit surprised that the one everyone is recommending is $149. Is there no difference between this and pricier models?

Should I even look at the more expensive brands or is it all just branding rather than better design?

I see all these car seats for around the $500 mark - are they just overpriced? http://www.babybunting.com.au/car-se...s-0-4-yrs.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it was it's design, it's easy installation, the fact infasecure is 100% Australian owned and operated, it's been crep tested, it's height markers and it's price.

Definitely look at all brands and all price ranges. What I like and what works for me, may not be the same for you. Just don't let a name or price sway you. Look past that and choose based on design and features. I remember choosing a car seat for our first and I actually cried about it! It's so hard!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (21-06-2015),ScubaGal  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and the fact it fit perfectly in my small car!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was also planning to spend a fortune to buy a car seat. However, after reading the reviews and CREP ratting, I realised that the most expensive one doesn't necessary equal better. I am not sure if this is true. Read it somewhere so don't take my word for it. The moulding of Safe n sound car seat is done in Oz and infa secure in China. Perhaps this changes the manufacturing cost. Infa secure is Australia owned so I won't be too concerned that it is made in China (pretty much everything is these days). Different technology and thus why it doesn't need AHR like safe n sound seat. My friend also owned an Infa secure. I am not sure which model but not neon. She really likes it and she is the one pointed to me about CREP.

Psychologically, it can be due to branding. Just like everyone knows bugaboo.

I am going to check out a few today.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    My impression of the neon is it is so cheap because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of other seats, not that its poorly designed or anything. Can't you get seats with cup holders & hoods etc? Haha

Eta: yes it was on sale in Feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, I don't have a Neon and I would only buy one if it was all I could afford. I don't like that the child's head can be out of the shell before the shoulders reach the exit marker. I know it's safe until the eyes are in line with the top of the shell but I just don't like it. I would however buy an Infa if they had easy adjust harnesses and adjustable headrests on their seats because that is a feature that is important to me and why I prefer Safe n Sound. I like Infa's blow moulded shell technology and I'm hoping when they release the new A4 seat later this year it will have everything I'm looking for in a seat. Currently there isn't a 0-4 seat on the market that has all the features I want in one seat.

I think it's a matter of working out the features you want and finding the seat that fits in with those the best.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 21-06-2015 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the meridian has the tilt and adjust feature. I'm not sure if it that one of the maxirider that has iPod connectivity. Never used that. Useless feature.

I've bought expensive and I've bought cheap. To me it comes down to the individual seat. I love the neon which is cheap, I also love the evolve which isn't cheap...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Well the meridian has the tilt and adjust feature. I'm not sure if it that one of the maxirider that has iPod connectivity. Never used that. Useless feature.

I've bought expensive and I've bought cheap. To me it comes down to the individual seat. I love the neon which is cheap, I also love the evolve which isn't cheap...
    Yeah see I think cup holders or iPods are useless and wouldn't pay for them. However someone just pointed me to the CREP website which compares models and it lists only the SNS Meridian and Platinum as allowing rear facing to 2.5 years. Does that sound right? It certainly narrows down the search 😳.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Maxi Cosi had them too but they have been withdrawn from sale in most of the bigger baby stores because they haven't been certified yet as A4 seats.

What I'm looking for in a car seat is a compact design with A4 markers, isofix compatible, easy adjust harness. This seat does not exist yet. Hoping it will soon. I don't care about cup holders or headphones either.